Waco S. Specifications. A photo.
Waco S - series American light aircraft designed and manufactured by the American aircraft manufacturer «Waco Aircraft Company» with 1935 years.
Waco S photo
Design work on the first aircraft has become the beginning of this series of aircraft, began in the year 1931. In view of the fact that in 30-ies of the last century, it is the configuration of the biplane was the most popular and inexpensive, American aviation specialists decided to use it it to create the first model, in this case, if most of the biplanes were two or three local planes, scope and operation which has seriously limited the aviarazrabotchiki of «Waco aircraft Company» set out to create a full-fledged multi-purpose aircraft.
His first flight of the aircraft is performed in Waco S 1935 year, and since the test trials of a new aircraft were successful, the model almost immediately was put into serial production, which was over a sufficiently long period of time.
A photoWaco S
Depending on the version and modification of the aircraft, its cabin can accommodate up to 4 5 people, taking into account the airplane manufacturing time allows it to carry passengers and freight in the commercial sector of civil aviation. If necessary, on the Waco S board the aircraft can accommodate up to 451 kilogram payload (depending on the number of people and the modification of the air tools on board).
In addition to civil aviation, model airplane Waco S and was also involved in the Second World War, where he was used mainly as auxiliary aerial equipment used mainly for cargo transport.
Airplane Waco S powerplant used a piston-type, consisting of one aircraft engine brand Lycoming R-680-13 (depending on the variant of the aircraft), able to develop power 300 hp Depending on the modification and use of the power plant, the airplane Waco S can reach speeds of up to 235 km \ h., And to overcome the distance to 835 kilometers.
Waco S family of aircraft includes the following versions of the aircraft:
- Waco DKS-6 - A prototype of the aircraft;
- Waco HKS-7 - The basic production version of the aircraft;
- Waco UKS-6 - An improved version of the aircraft, equipped with aircraft engine Continental W-670-K power in 225 hp .;
- Waco UKS-7 - A modernized version of the version Waco UKS-6, with an improved saloon;
- Waco VKS-7 - Version of the aircraft with the aircraft engine Continental W-670-M;
- Waco VKS-7F -Improved variant version Waco VKS-7;
- Waco YKS-6 - A modernized version of the aircraft equipped with the power ustanvokoy Jacobs L-4 225 power in hp .;
- Waco YKS-7 - An enhanced version Waco YKS-6;
- Waco ZKS-6 - A modified version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with Jacobs L-5;
- Waco ZKS-7 - An upgraded version of the aircraft, which, depending on the configuration, can be equipped with aircraft engines Jacobs L-4 or Jacobs L-5;
- Waco HKS-7 - Variant equipped with a motor Lycoming R-680-13 (300 hp).
Specifications Waco S.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 7,7 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 10,14 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,6 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1023 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 451 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1474 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 205 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 235 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 835 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3960 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental W-670-M (depending on version);
- Power: 240 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation