The helicopter Agusta A129 Mangusta. Specifications. A photo.
Agusta A129 Mangusta - combat military helicopter designed and manufactured with 1987, the Italian aircraft manufacturer «Agusta», and later jointly by the British-Italian company «AgustaWestland».
Agusta A129 Mangusta photo
Start of development of the Italian combat helicopter Agusta A129 Mangusta was laid in 1978 year, however, this time the Italian aircraft manufacturers have begun to develop a design of military aircraft are not based on any existing versions of helicopters. Subsequently, when the design of the helicopter Agusta A129 Mangusta was performed for the work began and Italian engineers, taking the base model helicopter AgustaWestland A109, optimize it for performance of combat missions.
helicopter design was carried out by Italian aircraft manufacturers in almost nine years, and despite the fact that the first prototype of this aircraft took to the skies in September 1983 years, even over 7 years helicopter strongly improved, and only 1990 year entered service of the Italian Army .
Photo Agusta A129 Mangusta
The helicopter Agusta A129 Mangusta perfectly adapted for the execution of various kinds of combat missions, in particular, it is suitable for combat, both armed enemy troops and armored vehicles, including tanks. The main weapons on the helicopter Agusta A129 Mangusta used automatic 20 mm. aircraft gun, a heavy 12,7 mm. machine gun, as well as a set of rockets, providing high zone of destruction of the enemy.
The crew of the helicopter Agusta A129 Mangusta consists usually of three people - two pilots and one officer of the control arms of the helicopter. This war machine worked well in a number of military and special operations on the territory of other states, and therefore the release of the aircraft of this model continues to this day.
The power plant helicopter Agusta A129 Mangusta consists of two turboshaft engines Rolls-Royce Gem 2-1004D, each of which is capable of power 890 hp, however, despite the rather large thrust of the aircraft flight speed is not high, accounting about 278 km \ h. at its maximum value. Range of flight Agusta A129 Mangusta also quite limited - about 510 kilometers, however, in the case when it comes to ferry distance, the helicopter can travel thousands of kilometers to 1.
HelicopterAgusta A129 Mangusta
Over the entire period of production, the companies «Agusta» and «AgustaWestland» several different versions of the combat helicopter was released:
- Agusta A129 Mangusta - Basic production version of the combat helicopter;
- Agusta A129 Combat - - An updated version of the helicopter without significant technical and structural changes;
- Agusta A129 International - An improved version of the helicopter, equipped with two turboshaft engines LHTEC T800, and additional means of arms;
- AgustaWestland T129 - Version developed by order of the Turkish armed forces.
The main helicopters user data is the Italian army, which is armed with 60 aircraft of this type.
Specifications AgustaWestland AW169.
- Crew: 3 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: none;
- helicopter length: 12,28 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 3,35 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 11,90 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 2530 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4600 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 229 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 278 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 510 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4725 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × Rolls-Royce Gem 2-1004D (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 890 hp (Depending on version).
The helicopter Agusta A129 Mangusta. Gallery.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation