Spartan Three Seater. Specifications. A photo.
Spartan Three Seater - British triple single-engine aircraft, designed and manufactured by Aircraft «Spartan Aircraft Limited».
Spartan Three Seater photo
Design Spartan Three Seater aircraft was conducted by British aircraft manufacturers and designers in the 1929 year, thus, the basis for the new aircraft was taken quite popular model airplane Simmons Spartan, which appeared a year ago, and has become very popular among the owners. However, the aircraft manufacturers in the UK partly optimize the appearance of the aircraft, removing unnecessary elements and providing a higher aerodynamic characteristics of the aircraft, as well as greatly expanded the functionality of the aircraft, making it thus quite popular.
Initially it was assumed that the plane Spartan Three Seater will be executed in a monoplane configuration, however, the biplane design of the aircraft provided additional strength and rigidity, which in turn will give more stability at the time of the flight. Moreover, the British aviation specialists managed to expand opportunities of the aircraft, providing transportation on board up to three people at an affordable rate, which in turn are also allowed to carry on board and loads, although to a limited extent.
A photoSpartan Three Seater
Despite the fact that the plane on its flight performance superior to the model on the basis of which it was created, the aircraft did not become much popular, and for the entire period of its production release of its creation was limited to only 25 aircraft.
On board the aircraft Spartan Three Seater can accommodate up to three people - a pilot and two passengers, at the same time, the aircraft can also be taken on board and up to 320 kilogram payload (including the weight on board three people). In the commercial sphere of its operation plane Spartan Three Seater was adapted very bad, which was reflected in increasingly large following distance.
The power plant of the aircraft Spartan Three Seater consists of a piston engine Cirrus Hermes I (Cirrus Hermes II modification can be applied), the ability to develop traction in 120 hp, allowing the aircraft to the possibility of overcoming distances 420 kilometers with flight speed in 160 km \ h. (Cruising speed of repetition).
AircraftSpartan Three Seater
Production aircraft Spartan Three Seater was carried out in two basic versions:
- Spartan Three Seater I - The basic production version of the aircraft;
- Spartan Three Seater II - Improved version with minor technical modifications and design.
Specifications Spartan Three Seater.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 person;
- aircraft Length: 8 m .;
- Wingspan: 8,8 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,95 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 444 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 320 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 764 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 160 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 175 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 420 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4080 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Cirrus Hermes I (depending on version);
- Power: 120 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation