Ryan Brougham. Specifications. A photo.
Ryan Brougham - light single-engined American aircraft, developed and manufactured by 1927 Aircraft Company «Ryan».
A photoRyan Brougham
Ryan Brougham aircraft began to develop in the year 1924, in this case, the main purpose of construction of the aircraft was a need to allow operation of aircraft transported on board his small group of people, in particular, we are talking about the use of aircraft in the field of passenger transport.
Thanks to the coordinated work of the engineers and designers of the company «Ryan» plane in 1927 year made its first flight, which was officially named the successful, in connection with which the aircraft was sent to the serial production, which enjoyed very great popularity with customers, as evidenced and corresponding to a large release of aircraft data - with 1927 1930 year for American aircraft manufacturers have been built 212 copies of the model aircraft (including prototype and modified versions).
Ryan Brougham photo
In fact, Ryan Brougham plane can be attributed to the class of multi-role aircraft, because in addition to be carried on board an aircraft of people, this model can also be used to transport sufficiently large cargo, provided that their weight does not exceed 649 kg. However, it should clarify the fact that the transportation of goods on board the aircraft was only possible if only the pilot and one passenger on board the aircraft.
The aircraft Ryan Brougham cabin can accommodate up to 5 people (including one member of the crew), which in turn allows very effectively operate the aircraft on passenger airlines to 1130 kilometers length, which exceeded the majority used the time of passenger aircraft.
In addition to operating in the United States, aircraft model Ryan Brougham also exported to other countries, particularly in Mexico, China, Guatemala and others. However, due to a number of problems, the production of aircraft of this model has been suspended, however, experts say that the aircraft could be produced more actively at least 2-3 years.
Depending on their modification, Ryan Brougham model aircraft can be equipped with piston engine brand Wright J-5 225 power in horsepower, piston or other power plants as a smaller and more power, allowing in turn save on the purchase of aircraft vessel, but slightly reduces its flight characteristics. The maximum of the aircraft airspeed is about 205 km \ h., Which is quite acceptable, even by modern standards.
Production of the aircraft Ryan Brougham was conducted in the following variants:
- Ryan Brougham B-1 - Basic version of the aircraft;
- Ryan Brougham B-2 - Modified version with a larger wingspan;
- Ryan Brougham B-3 - Six-seater version of the aircraft with the increased length of the fuselage and the tail portion;
- Ryan Brougham B-5 - The production version of the airplane equipped with an engine Wright J-6;
- Ryan Brougham B-7 - Modification of an engine equipped Pratt & Whitney Wasp.
Specifications Ryan Brougham.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 4 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 8,46 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 12,8 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,67 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 848 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 649 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1497 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 180 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 205 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1130 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4900 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Wright J-5 (depending on version);
- Power: 225 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation