Procaer Picchio. Specifications. A photo.
Procaer Picchio - easy-motor aircraft designed by Italian designers and built by «Procaer» and later manufactured by «General Avia», as well as the German aircraft manufacturing company "Diamond Aircraft" in 50-end - early 60-ies of the last century.
A photoProcaer Picchio
Italian experts started to develop aircraft Procaer Picchio in 1957 year, while, in a very short time they managed to create a multi-purpose aircraft, have found application mainly from private owners as an aircraft for the transport of passengers and small loads at distances of more than 1,5 thousand kilometers.
The design of the aircraft has a small size, so that the aircraft has good maneuverability, which in turn provides a good handling, and consequently affects the safety of flights carried out.
His first flight of the aircraft model Procaer Picchio implemented in 1959 year, with the production of the aircraft was fairly short-lived - of all time managed to build only 52 aircraft, including also modified versions, about 30 of which are still in operation to this day .However, for some reasons the aircraft production Procaer Picchio not last for a long time and in the company «General Avia», as a consequence, the last manufacturer of aircraft of this model was the Austrian company «Diamond Aircraft».
Procaer Picchio photo
The cabin of the aircraft Procaer Picchio has quite acceptable dimensions for posting here four people, moreover, the construction itself is designed so that in the cockpit can be placed and small goods total weight, taking into account its own weight per passenger and the pilot, in 455 kilos (depending from aircraft modification). Initial prototype aircraft allowed to stay on board all three people, however, already in the moment of start in production, aircraft design has undergone some important changes. However, its distribution commercial aircraft Procaer Picchio practically received, and in most cases the owners of these aircraft were exclusively private individuals.
Powerplant Procaer Picchio aircraft consists of a piston aircraft engine four-cylinder Lycoming O-360-A1A (basic version of the aircraft) the ability to develop traction in 180 hp The maximum of the aircraft airspeed is 310 km \ h., That taking into account the time production was considered more than acceptable figure, while the maximum range flight was about 1600 km. In more recent modification of the aircraft used by more efficient power plants, so that the aircraft can accelerate to higher speeds and travel great distances.
Over the entire period of production, the Italian aircraft manufacturers have developed and introduced 8 different versions of the aircraft model Procaer Picchio:
- Procaer Picchio F.15 - Triple prototype aircraft, equipped with propulsion Lycoming O-320 (160 hp);
- Procaer Picchio F.15A - Main production version of the aircraft. Built 10 units;
- Procaer Picchio F.15B - Improved version with increased wingspan and the carry-forward of the center of gravity;
- Procaer Picchio F.15C - Version with installed piston engine Continental IO-470;
- Procaer Picchio F.15D - Draft version, equipped with a piston engine of the brand Franklin. The production run was not;
- Procaer Picchio F.15E - Version with an all-metal fuselage and a piston powerplant Continental IO-520K;
- Procaer Picchio F.15F Delfino - A double version of the aircraft;
- Procaer Picchio F.15F Excalibur - An improved version of Procaer Picchio F.15F Delfino.
Specifications Procaer Picchio.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 7,5 m .;(Depending on version)
- Wingspan: 9,9 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,8 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 695 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 455 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1150 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 250 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 310 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1600 km.(Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5180 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-360-A1A (depending on version);
- Power: 180 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation