Percival Proctor. Specifications. A photo.
Percival Proctor - light multipurpose aircraft of the British production, developed in 1937, the company «Percival Aircraft Company».
Percival Proctora photo
Draft aircraft model Percival Proctor began to be developed in the early 30-ies of the last century. As a fundamental principle of British aircraft manufacturers have used a model previously created plane Percival Vega Gull, which proved to be quite effective in terms of its performance characteristics, however, due to the relatively small scope of application, experts from «Percival Aircraft Company» were able to optimize the aircraft structure, whereby role aircraft Percival Proctor largely been expanded, and that was one of the reasons for the high level of popularization of the aircraft.
The aircraft model is made in the Percival Proctor monoplane configuration, with the lower-wing that provides the aircraft most aerodynamic, allowing you to develop and higher airspeed, and greater maneuverability that was used very effectively.
In the civil aviation aircraft is operated primarily as a passenger aircraft fly on short distances, or just as private aircraft, however, in the military aviation that aircraft operated primarily as the training of air tools, however, it performed well and patrol flights, flights related to the supervision of the terrain, and others.
A photoPercival Proctor
The first flight of the multipurpose aircraft model ship Percival Proctor in October 1937, and in fact, due to the fact that earlier the basic version of the aircraft has previously passed all necessary tests, even during the current test, any problems and abnormalities revealed no was thus already in the early 1938, the project was put into production.
The cabin multipurpose aircraft model Percival Proctor can accommodate up to four people, including 1-2 pilots (two-man crew was involved in military aviation), and 1-2 passengers. By optimizing the design of the cockpit, the plane Percival Proctor can also be used for transport to its board of small goods, a condition which is the observance of the established dimensions and maximum take-off weight of the aircraft.
Powerplant Percival Proctor aircraft piston engine represented by one brand de Havilland Gipsy Queen 2, which is having a traction capacity of 210 hp, can accelerate the aircraft to the maximum speed of its repetition in 260 km \ h., At the same time, the maximum flight distance this aircraft is limited in distance 805 kilometers.
For a very short period of production, aircraft manufacturers have been built a few modifications to the aircraft:
- Percival P.28 Proctor I - Basic version of the aircraft;
- Percival P.28 Proctor IA - Improved modification of the aircraft;
- Percival P.29 Proctor - A modernized version of the aircraft, designed for the Air Force;
- Percival P.30 Proctor II - Military trainer version of the aircraft;
- Percival P.34 Proctor III - An improved version of analogue Percival P.30 Proctor II;
- Percival P.31 Proctor IV - Four-bed version of the aircraft, with the increased length of the fuselage;
- Percival Proctor 5 - Civil 5-seater aircraft;
- Percival Proctor 6 - Analogue version Percival Proctor 5, equipped with float landing gear.
Specifications Percival Proctor.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 8,6 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 12,04 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,2 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1075 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 510 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1585 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 230 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 260 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 805 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4300 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: de Havilland Gipsy Queen 2 (depending on version);
- Power: 210 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation