Miles M.3 Falcon. Specifications. A photo.
Miles M.3 Falcon - light multi-purpose aircraft developed by the British in 30-ies of the last century the company «Miles Aircraft Limited».
Miles M.3 Falcon photo
Work on the development of small-Miles M.3 Falcon aircraft began in the year 1931, in this case, the British aircraft manufacturers set out to create a compact, but at the same time a multi-purpose aircraft, suitable mainly for private use, but used also in the Air Force several countries.
The aircraft Miles M.3 Falcon has a good time for its design and high aircraft performance characteristics, which mainly contribute to the aerodynamic shape of the fuselage and wings. His first flight of the aircraft is committed to 1934 year, and in fact, the aircraft was manufactured only to 1941 years, which was associated with a fairly low demand due to the high cost.
A photoMiles M.3 Falcon
The aircraft has a high maneuverability, which was one of the reasons for its operation in the military field, where the aircraft is found in the use of an aircraft for training future pilots. However, the most widely used aircraft received it in civil aviation, where the operation was 21 instance, at the same time, thanks to a qualitative approach to the creation of the airplane Miles M.3 Falcon, these aircraft are in operation to this day.
cockpit Miles M.3 Falcon is large enough, and depending on the version and variant of aircraft, allows you to put on your board from the 3 4 to people (including one pilot). Range of flight of the aircraft is also quite satisfactory and is about 990 kilometers, which in turn is suitable for civilian and for military needs. Nevertheless, in view of the design features, the aircraft can not be adapted for the transportation of any cargo, which according to experts is one of the reasons why the aircraft failed to prove itself to private owners.
Powerplant Miles M.3 Falcon presented a piston aircraft engine de Havilland Gipsy Major, capable, depending on the version of the aircraft to develop traction in 130 hp, which in turn provides the aircraft and a sufficiently high speed of flight - the maximum value of this indicator is 235 km \ h. As a rule, the power plant is simple in terms of its maintenance, however, is not always reliable, which also contributed to the wide dissemination of this model.
AircraftMiles M.3 Falcon
The aircraft Miles M.3 Falcon was produced in the following modifications:
- Miles M.3 Falcon - Triple prototype aircraft;
- Miles M.3A Falcon Major - Quadruple the production version of the airplane;
- Miles M.3B Falcon Six - Triple variant of an aircraft equipped with a powerplant de Havilland Gipsy Six (200 hp);
- Miles M.3C Falcon Six - Quadruple modification version Miles M.3B Falcon Six;
- Miles M.3D - Version with reinforced fuselage, equipped with engine de Havilland Gipsy Six;
- Miles M.3E - Modification, with minor technical improvements;
- Miles M.3F - An improved version of the version Miles M.3B Falcon Six.
Specifications Miles M.3 Falcon.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 7,62 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,67 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 1,98 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 590 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 410 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 201 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 235 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 990 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4570 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: de Havilland Gipsy Major (depending on version);
- Power: 130 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation