Miles M.14 Magister. Specifications. A photo.
Miles M.14 Magister - double multipurpose aircraft, are available with 1937, the British aircraft manufacturing company «Miles Aircraft Limited».
Miles M.14 Magister photo
The aircraft model Miles M.14 Magister aircraft manufacturers began to be designed from the «Miles Aircraft Limited» UK company in the first half 30-ies of the last century. This aircraft was to provide aviation needs in light of training aircraft, however, if the originally estimated that the production of the aircraft will be limited, in the final analysis, the production, which lasted only four years, helped build 1393 aircraft.
As the primordial aircraft manufacturers of the company «Miles Aircraft Limited» used a similar model aircraft Miles M.2 Hawk, however, due to changes in the fuselage structure, as well as a number of technical optimization, the aircraft Miles M.14 Magister was more effective in terms of its operational capabilities, although there had their own shortcomings, expressed primarily the lack of opportunities for freight transport.
The first flight tests of the aircraft models Miles M.14 Magister been in 1937 year, and due to the fact that all tests have been successfully completed at the end of the same year the project was launched in serial production, which lasted up to 1941 years. Initially, the project is very much interested in the sphere of civil aviation, however, later the aircraft was also used actively in the military sphere, where it was used exclusively as a training aircraft.
A photoMiles M.14 Magister
Aircraft models Miles M.14 Magister can carry out transportation on its board to two people - a pilot and one passenger, or if we are talking about the use of aircraft as a training tool, the instructor and the student. The presence of an open cockpit does not allow to carry any cargo on board an aircraft that delivers some inconvenience during the operation of the aircraft.
Multiple aircraft models Miles M.14 Magister is equipped with a piston-type power plant, consisting of one aircraft engine brand de Havilland Gipsy Major I, which has a towing capacity of 130 hp The maximum distance that the aircraft can perform limited distance flights in 610 kilometers, while the maximum speed of flight of the aircraft is 220 km \ h.
AircraftMiles M.14 Magister
British aircraft manufacturers have released the following modifications to the aircraft:
- Miles M.14 Magister - The basic production version of the airplane;
- Miles M.14A Magister I - An upgraded version of the aircraft, which has improved flight performance;
- Miles M.14B Magister II - Modification, equipped powerplant brand Blackburn Cirrus II, with a capacity of 135 hp
Specifications Miles M.14 Magister.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 7,5 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,3 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,77 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 570 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 275 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 845 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 200 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 220 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 610 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5600 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: de Havilland Gipsy Major I (depending on version);
- Power: 130 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation