Meyers MAC-145. Specifications. A photo.
Meyers MAC-145 - light single-engined aircraft double developed by the American aircraft company «Meyers Aircraft Company», and commercially available from 1947 years.
Meyers MAC-145 photo
Development and design of aircraft Meyers MAC-145 started by American engineers almost immediately after the Second World War, at the same time the aircraft was supposed to enter service exclusively to the private owners, which was supposed to use it as a multi-purpose aircraft, suitable for implementation fly at distances of small extent, and as a sports aircraft.
His first flight of the aircraft Meyers MAC-145 implemented in 1947 year, and at the same time and went into mass production, which however, because of its rather low flight performance, existed not so long - for the entire release cycle it was built just 22 aircraft, of which it was aware of the existence according to 2013 years 8 just aircraft.
A photoMeyers MAC-145
The plane has a small size, but at the same time to ensure high levels of maneuverability and speed of movement, it uses good and quite powerful propulsion system, consisting of one aircraft engine piston-type Continental C-145-2, six working cylinders which are able to develop power in 145 l .s., which in turn provides an opportunity to accelerate the plane up to speed in 235 km \ h (cruising speed).
Despite the fairly reasonable airspeed, aircraft Meyers MAC-145 not become popular among the owners because it allowed to place on your board is only two people, including also a pilot. Due to the structural features of the carriage on board the aircraft of any goods is not possible, and the following limited range of a thousand kilometers. In fact, the aircraft is suitable only for sport flying, however, taking into account the time of production of the aircraft, the number of customers has been very limited, due to which, and the issue was very small.
It is known that there are two different versions of the aircraft:
- Meyers MAC-125 - The original prototype aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with a Continental C125 capacity of 125 hp .;
- Meyers MAC-145 - Main production version of the airplane, equipped with engine Continental C145 (145 hp).
Specifications Meyers MAC-145.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,5 m .;
- Wingspan: 9,14 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,6 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 515 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 272 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 787 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 235 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 267 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1000 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 5486 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental C-145-2 (depending on version);
- Power: 145 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation