Maule M-4. Specifications. A photo.
Maule M-4 - American multi-purpose aircraft, manufactured with 1963, the company «Maule Aircraft Company».
Maule M-4 photo
Light single-engine plane Maule M-4 was designed by US aircraft manufacturers in 1960 year, but in the actual production aircraft entered only three years later, which was due mainly to the need to optimize the aircraft design and improvement of its flight performance. However, despite many attempts to start the aircraft into production the final design of the aircraft was quite popular - for a twenty-year period of release, which lasted from 1963 on 1983 year, 474 aircraft of this model, indicating that apparent popularity of the aircraft among the customers was built.
To the greatest extent plane Maule M-4 interested private owners, which, thanks to a large and spacious cabin can carry on board, not only people, but also loads of small mass. Subsequently, the purchase of these aircraft are interested, and US air carriers, who used airplanes Maule M-4 mainly to perform flights on local air routes small extent, while the plane allows for air travel for distances up to 1094 kilometers (maximum flight distance).
A photoMaule M-4
The cabin of the aircraft Maule M-4 has a sufficiently large free space, which in turn allows here to place up to three passengers or their equivalent in volume and weight of the amount of cargo (about 462 kilos). In addition, the aircraft could also be used as a training aircraft for training future pilots piloting skills, but the basic version of the paired control of the aircraft, and there is no such a possibility is not available in all versions of the aircraft.
Basic production version of the airplane Maule M-4 piston aircraft engine equipped with Continental O-300A able to develop traction in 145 hp, which in turn provides the aircraft and the high rate of duty. Maximum airspeed of an aircraft of this model is about 288 km \ h. (Depending on version), which in turn allows fast enough to overcome the two longest distances.
During the production period of the American aircraft manufacturers it introduced several different versions of the aircraft, including:
- Maule Bee Dee - Basic prototype aircraft equipped with propulsion Continental O-300-A (145 hp);
- Maule M-4 Jetasen - The production version of the plane, based on the version of the Maule Bee Dee;
- Maule M-4C Jetasen - Modification equipped cargo door;
- Maule M-4S - A modified version of the improved equipment and aircraft control system;
- Maule M-4T - Version with dual controls, allows to produce training future pilots;
- Maule M-4C-180 Astro-Rocket - An improved version of the aircraft equipped with engine Franklin 6A-335-1A (180 hp);
- Maule M-4-210 Rocket - Variant with piston aircraft engine Continental IO-360-A and some other minor technical improvements;
- Maule M-4-210C Rocket - Technically improved version of the Maule M-4-210 Rocket;
- Maule M-4-220C Strata Rocket - Version equipped engine Franklin 6A-350-C1 (220 hp);
- Maule M-4-220S - An improved version of the Maule M-4-220C Strata Rocket;
- Mexican M-1 Cuauhtemoc - A special modification issued by «Maule Aircraft» Company license.
Specifications Maule M-4;
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 6,71 m .;
- Wingspan: 9,08 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,48 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 581 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 462 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1043 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 250 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 288 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1094 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4725 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Franklin 6A-350 (depending on version);
- Power: 220 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation