Luscombe 8. Specifications. A photo.
Luscombe 8 - Multipurpose American aircraft, manufactured by «Luscombe Aircraft» with 1937 years.
Luscombe 8 photo
Work on designing a light civil multipurpose aircraft Luscombe 8 started American design engineers in 1935 year, while, thanks to the work of designers and specialists in the field of aircraft construction, able to create eye-catching in their appearance aircraft suitable for the transport of persons, and for transportation of goods.
His first flight of this aircraft model made in 1937 year, and after a series of small technical improvements, the aircraft was put into production, which was up to 1949 years. In just twelve years of production, the plane has become quite popular, with, in addition to civil aviation, the aircraft was extensively used in the Air Force as reconnaissance and patrol aircraft.
A photoLuscombe 8
The basic version of the aircraft Luscombe 8 allows you to put in his cabin just two people, but, in addition, the aircraft is also designed for transportation and a small amount of cargo the total weight of up to 240 kilos (including self-weight of the pilot and passenger). Later, with the advent of modified variants, capacity of the aircraft is largely increased, making the operation more efficient aircraft. Due to the presence of paired controls, the airplane was used in civil and military aviation and for training future pilots, which was also in demand in connection with the outbreak of the Second World War.
Powerplant 8 Luscombe aircraft presented four-cylinder aircraft engine Continental A-50 (depending on version), able to develop traction power 50 hp (Basic version of the aircraft), which in turn allowed to carry out flights at speeds of up to 170 km \ h., And to overcome the distance to 765 kilometers. Later, on the planes of this model began to be established more powerful aircraft engines, and therefore the aircraft performance indicators largely increased and become more acceptable to the owners.
Between 1937 1960 year for aircraft construction company «Luscombe Aircraft» and other aircraft manufacturers involved in the release of the aircraft 5867 of aircraft have been built, of which today are in operation about 5 thousand, indicating that the great promise of this aircraft model. In addition to the basic version of the aircraft, American aircraft manufacturers have also been released and modified variants of these aircraft, among which should be noted:
- Luscombe 8A Luscome Master - An improved version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with a Continental A-65 (65 hp);
- Luscombe 8B Luscome Trainer - A training version of the aircraft is designed to train future pilots. It is an analogue version Luscombe 8A Luscome Master;
- Luscombe 8C Silvaire Deluxe - An improved version of Luscombe 8A Luscome Master, equipped with a piston-engined Continental A-75;
- Luscombe 8D Silvaire Deluxe Trainer - Trainer version version Luscombe 8C Silvaire Deluxe;
- Luscombe 8E Silvaire Deluxe - Version with reinforced fuselage, increased maximum take-off weight and the new, more powerful (85 hp) aircraft engine;
- Luscombe 8F - Technically improved version of the aircraft, equipped with a motor Continental C-90 (90 hp);
- Luscombe T8F Luscome Observer - A modified version of the aircraft, with a modified arrangement of seats in the cabin;
- Luscombe 8G - A project with a modified chassis. The production was not running;
- Luscombe LSA-8- A modern version of the aircraft, equipped with a means of avionics, aircraft engine powerful Continental O-200 and several other technical improvements.
Specifications Luscombe 8.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,1 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,68 m .;
- Plane Height: 1,91 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 395 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 240 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 635 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 193 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 206 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 805 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5182 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental C90 (depending on version);
- Power: 90 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation