Vickers VC10. Specifications. A photo.
Vickers VC10 - British airliner designed in 1962, the aircraft manufacturing company «Vickers-Armstrongs».
Vickers VC10a photo
Designing airliner model Vickers VC10 British aircraft manufacturers started in the late 50-ies of the last century. The new aircraft had to compete with the turboprop passenger liner, as well as turbojet airliners American-made, however, because of the rather expensive operation of the aircraft, the aircraft release was very limited - for the entire period of production of British aircraft manufacturers 54 aircraft of this model were built, including modification.
The aircraft has a high Vickers VC10 aerodynamics that by using sufficiently powerful turbofan engines, ensures a high flight speed and provides good handling.
In addition to the civil aviation few aircraft of this model we have also found application in the military sphere, but here the aircraft Vickers VC10 model was used more as a support vehicle.
A photoVickers VC10
Airplane Vickers VC10 underwent its first test in June 1962 years and due to the fact that the aircraft did not cause any problems during the conducted tests, aircraft manufacturers of the company «Vickers-Armstrongs» started this project into production, was not very long for a number of the above reasons.
Multipurpose passenger aircraft Vickers VC10 capability of carrying on its board until 174 passengers, which mainly depends on the modification of the aircraft, as well as the layout of an aircraft cabin. If necessary, the aircraft can also be used for the transport of goods, however, to this end, the aircraft is not widely applied, which was due to a number of factors mentioned above.
Powerplant jet airliner has four turbofan engines of the brand Rolls-Royce Conway RCo.42 Mk.540 (depending on version and the version of the aircraft), each of which has a towing capacity of 93,4 kN, which ensures a high load capacity of the aircraft and gives a high travel speed constituting 930 km \ h. (Maximum value), while the maximum range of the aircraft flight distance is limited in 7600 kilometers (depending on version).
The following options are aircraft of this model:
- Vickers 1100 VC10 - Basic prototype passenger liner;
- Vickers 1101 VC10 - The production version of the airplane;
- Vickers 1102 VC10 - Version developed by request «Ghana Airways» carrier;
- Vickers 1103 VC10 - A modified version of the turbo-jet aircraft;
- Vickers 1104 VC10 - Version developed by request of the airline «Nigeria Airways»;
- Vickers 1109 VC10 - The production version of the version of the Vickers 1100 VC10;
- Vickers 1150 Super VC10 - A modernized version of the aircraft;
- Vickers 1151 Super VC10 - An improved version of the version Vickers 1150 Super VC10;
- Vickers 1152 Super VC10 - Utility variant version Vickers 1150 Super VC10;
- Vickers 1154 Super VC10 - Version developed by request of the airline «East African Airways» based version Vickers 1152 Super VC10.
Specifications Vickers VC10.
- Crew: 3 person;
- Passenger: 174 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 48,36 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 44,56 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 12,04 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 66670 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 50000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 141520 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 890 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 930 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 7600 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 11600 m .;
- aircraft engine type: turbofan;
- Powerplant: 4 x Rolls-Royce Conway RCo.42 Mk.540 (depending on version);
- Power: 4 x 93,4 kN. (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation