Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair II. Specifications. A photo.
Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair II - double of light-American aircraft produced since 1989, the company «Stoddard-Hamilton Aircraft».
A photoStoddard-Hamilton Glasair II
Development of small-engine aircraft of this model was conducted on the basis of version Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair INot obrёtshey its popularity due to the relatively high cost of the kit. American aeronautical engineer could greatly improve the design of aircraft, in fact, creating a powerful and agile sports plane, at an affordable price.
His first flight of the aircraft took place in 1989 year, and almost immediately go into series production, where, and at the moment mainly due to high demand - in the period from 1989 years of 2014 years was built about 1280 aircrafts of this model, including and modified versions.
Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair II photo
As before, the plane Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair II was designed to carry two people, but in this version, armchairs arranged one behind the other, which made it possible to carry out flights in a comfortable environment, but also, thanks to the expansion of the internal space, the aircraft in largely found support and private owners, allowing flights at distances of the order of 2815 kilometers. For cargo plane Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair II, as well as the basic model of the family, did not come, however, aeronautical engineer made it possible to load a plane a certain minimum amount of luggage that also find support from customers.
CabinStoddard-Hamilton Glasair II
Power plant Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair II is a piston aircraft engine which four working cylinders are able to develop a power 180 hp, which is slightly smaller than that of the basic version of this family and has some effect on the rate of movement. However, the aircraft can accelerate up to speed in 356 km \ h (cruising flight speed), which is more than acceptable, especially considering the rather low price of one set, by the beginning of the year about 2013 47500 dollars.
Apart from the main production version, which appeared with the production of 1989 years, it was also released, and several modified versions of the aircraft:
- Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair II-S - Version with increased length of the fuselage for extra luggage compartment;
- Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair Super II FT - A modified version with fixed landing gear;
- Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair Super II RG - Version with retractable landing gear;
- Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair Super II TD - Modification of the system with a modified chassis.
Specifications Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair II.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,3 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 7,1 m .;
- Plane Height: 1,9 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 635 kg .;
- Payload: 318 kg .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 953 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 356 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 390 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 2815 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 5800 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-360;
- Power: 180 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation