Shaanxi Y-8. Specifications. A photo.
Shaanxi Y-8 - Multi-Purpose Utility airliner developed by Chinese aircraft manufacturer «Shaanxi Aircraft Corporation» in 1974 year, and commercially available from 1981 years.
Shaanxi Y-8 photo
As a support base for the beginning of the development of multi-purpose aircraft Chinese aircraft manufacturers have used Soviet aircraft AN-12, however, its design has been carefully developed, as a consequence, in the aircraft not only increased aircraft performance capabilities, but in fact, use of this aircraft began safer and more efficient.
His first flight of the aircraft model Shaanxi Y-8 performed in December 1974 years, however, originally airliner could not meet all the demands placed on them, which is why the project was sent back for revision, which was still within 7 years, and only since 1981 years this aircraft was put into serial production, which, by the way, is to this day.
In most cases, the aircraft Shaanxi Y-8 operated as a military transport aircraft, however, was found to the aircraft and used in civil aviation, in particular, to carry passenger traffic on the routes, the distance does not exceed 2,5 thousand kilometers, while in fact, the plane can make air travel over distances of thousands of kilometers over 5,6.
Photos Shaanxi Y-8
Depending on its modification, the aircraft Shaanxi Y-8 can take on board up to 50 passengers, and if the aircraft is operated as a transport aircraft means that we can talk about the transport on board dor 20 tons of payload, which is very much appreciated Chinese airlines.
Power plant multipurpose cargo and passenger aircraft Shaanxi Y-8 has four turboprop engines Zhuzhou WoJiang-6 (WJ-6) each of which is capable of thrust to 4250 hp (Depending on version), which is a factor in the high load capacity of the aircraft. The maximum speed of the aircraft with the full load it up to 660 km \ h, which is quite a lot considering the type of aircraft.
During its production, the aircraft Shaanxi Y-8 35 were produced in known cases, including both military and civilian versions, including:
- Shaanxi Y-8 - The basic production version of the aircraft;
- Shaanxi Y-8A - Transport version of the aircraft is designed to be carried on board helicopters and ground military equipment;
- Shaanxi Y-8AF - A special prototype of the aircraft;
- Shaanxi Y-8B - Cargo version of the plane, used in the military, so ive civil aviation;
- Shaanxi Y-8C - Encapsulated version of transport and passenger aircraft;
- Shaanxi Y-8CA - Version for electronic intelligence and electronic warfare;
- Shaanxi Y-8CB - An improved version of the version of Shaanxi Y-8CA;
- Shaanxi Y-8D - Export version of military aircraft;
- Shaanxi Y-8DZ - A modified version of version of Shaanxi Y-8CA;
- Shaanxi Y-8E - The military version of the aircraft to launch drones and unmanned aerial vehicles;
- Shaanxi Y-8F - Transport version of the aircraft for the transport of animals on board;
- Shaanxi Y-8FQ - A modified version of the Chinese developed for the Navy;
- Shaanxi Y-8F-100 - An improved version of the version of Shaanxi Y-8FQ;
- Shaanxi Y-8F-200 - Elongated version of the aircraft;
- Shaanxi Y-8F-300 - Civilian transport version of the aircraft;
- Shaanxi Y-8F-400 - An improved version of Shaanxi Y-8F-300;
- Shaanxi Y-8F-600 - Civilian cargo version of the aircraft equipped with new avionics and turboprop aircraft engines Pratt and Whitney;
- Shaanxi Y-8G - A modified version of a military aircraft electronic surveillance and control;
- Shaanxi Y-8H - The aircraft to conduct aerial photography;
- Shaanxi Y-8J - Transport version of the aircraft;
- Shaanxi Y-8JB - A modified version of version of Shaanxi Y-8J;
- Shaanxi Y-8K - A civilian passenger airliner 121-seater;
- Shaanxi Y-8T - Aircraft version of the military command from the air;
- Shaanxi Y-8U - Experimental modification of the aircraft;
- Shaanxi Y-8X - Modification developed specially for the Chinese Navy;
- Shaanxi Y-8XZ - Aircraft for conducting propaganda and psychological warfare;
- Shaanxi Y-8W - military plane radar reconnaissance;
- Shaanxi Y-8 AWACS - Analogue of the Russian aircraft Beriev A-50;
- Shaanxi Y-8 GSA - Civilian research and military anti-aircraft variant;
- Shaanxi Y-8 ASA - Anti-military aircraft;
- Shaanxi Y-8 EW - An improved version of the aircraft conducting electronic warfare;
- Shaanxi Y-8Q - Version of the aircraft electronic warfare;
- Shaanxi Y-8 Gunship - Aircraft fire support;
- Shaanxi ZDK-03 - A special version developed by request of Pakistan;
- Shaanxi KJ-500 - Version of the aircraft electronic intelligence.
Technical characteristics of Shaanxi Y-8.
- Crew: 5 people (depending on version);
- Passenger: 90 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 34 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 38 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 11,16 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 35490 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 20000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 61000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 550 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 660 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 5615 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 10400 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine Type: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 4 × Zhuzhou WoJiang-6 (WJ-6) (Depending on version);
- Power: 4 × 4250 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation