Rockwell Commander 700. Specifications. A photo.
Rockwell Commander 700 - twin-engine corporate aircraft American-made, designed in 1975, the company «Rockwell International».
A photoRockwell Commander 700
Aircraft Rockwell Commander 700 model represents the plane of the administrative type, operated, as a rule, to perform business operations. Work on its design were deployed by US aircraft manufacturers in the early 70-ies of the last century, and, it was assumed that due to a low enough cost, the project will become very popular among future operators, but due to fairly low flight performance, aircraft and It could not be claimed. However, in addition to the scope of business traffic, aircraft Rockwell Commander 700 later became also be used as a tourist plane, moreover, is very effective, however, due to cease production, its operation is very limited in the field of civil aviation.
Due to the presence of powerful piston engines, as well as in view of the factors that the fuselage of the aircraft has excellent aerodynamic shape, Rockwell Commander 700 model aircraft has a very acceptable figure maneuverability, which is also in a certain way has a beneficial effect on the rate of its management.
Rockwell Commander 700 photo
The first administrative-type aircraft flight Rockwell Commander 700 1975 in November year. During the conducted tests and trials, the aircraft very successfully demonstrated its capabilities as a consequence received a certificate and since 1976 year was produced in series. Period manufacturing Rockwell Commander 700 aircraft was very brief - for all the time of release 49 aircraft of this model were built (including modifications), but even more than 40-year-old age, aircrafts of this model continue to actively operate to this day .
On board the aircraft Rockwell Commander 700 can accommodate up to six people, including 1-2 crew members (allowed aircraft control if there is only one pilot) and 4-5 passengers, thus, interior layout remains unchanged, while its design allowed to change at the request of the future owner. For transportation of any cargo Rockwell Commander 700 aircraft adapted very poorly, however, additional equipment can be installed on board, which makes it possible to operate the aircraft for any particular purpose.
CabinRockwell Commander 700
The aircraft is equipped with Rockwell Commander 700 power plant consisting of two piston aircraft engines brands Lycoming TIO-540-R2AD, the power of each of which is 340 hp The maximum distance that the Rockwell Commander 700 aircraft can carry air travel, limited distance in 2225 kilometers, with cruising speed of its flight is 380 km \ h.
US aircraft manufacturers granted any aircraft of this model in two basic versions:
- Rockwell Commander 700 - The basic version of the aircraft;
- Rockwell Commander 710 - A modernized version of the aircraft, equipped with a more powerful power plant.
Specifications Rockwell Commander 700.
- Crew: 1-2 person;
- Passenger: 4-5 people;
- aircraft Length: 12,03 m .;
- Wingspan: 12,94 m .;
- Plane Height: 4,05 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2135 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1015 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3150 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 380 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 410 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 2225 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 8400 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 x Lycoming TIO-540-R2AD (depending on version);
- Power: 2 x 340 hp (Depending on version)
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation