Pottier P.220S Koala. Specifications. A photo.
Pottier P.220S Koala - light double-engine aircraft designed by the French in the year 1997, and manufactured by Aircraft «Avions Pottier».
Pottier P.220S Koala photo
Development of the aircraft began Pottier P.220S Koala French design engineers in 1995 year, with as a base was taken less well-known in the community of the aircraft model Pottier P210S Coati, appeared earlier, but has not received proper distribution on a number of technical reasons.
Initially, experts believed that the aircraft Pottier P.220S Koala will be a single-seat monoplane, however, after careful reasoning was decided to build a two-seat aircraft is capable to find applications not only in sports and aviation training future pilots, but also in the sector private owners of aircraft.
His first flight of the aircraft Pottier P.220S Koala performed in 1997 year, however, went into production a few months later, which was due mainly to the need to finalize the technical part of the aircraft.
A photoPottier P.220S Koala
Due to its compact size and aircraft length is only 5 meters 54 cm (depending on version), with a wingspan in 6,5 meters, the aircraft has a reduced resistance and high maneuverability - usually these are the qualities of sport aircrafts, where the model Pottier P .220S Koala can be used very effectively.
The cabin is designed for two people at the same time, space is very limited, which is why the plane is not adapted for the carriage of goods, but can be placed on board a certain amount of baggage. Due to the existing management are paired, the aircraft can also be used, and as the training aircraft, which is also found effective application in our day.
Among other things, the French aircraft manufacturers have developed and quadruple version of this aircraft, which have become more popular than double thanks to advanced functionality, and the presence of the possibility of transporting on board a number of payload.
The power plant of the aircraft Pottier P.220S Koala consists of a piston engine, which, depending on the version, can develop draft from 75 hp to 180 hp, respectively, also has an impact on the speed of flight, which is in the basic version of the aircraft can reach its maximum value in 250 km \ h.
CabinPottier P.220S Koala
During the production period, aircraft manufacturers have released the following modifications to the aircraft:
- Pottier P.220S Koala - The basic production version of the airplane;
- Pottier P.230S Panda - A modified version of the three-aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with a Continental O-200 (100 hp);
- Pottier P.240S Saiga - Four-bed version of the aircraft;
- Pottier P.250S Xerus - Superior Triple version of the aircraft;
- Pottier P.270S Amster - An improved version of the quadruple Pottier P.240S Saiga, equipped with an engine capacity in 150 hp
Specifications Pottier P.220S Koala.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 5,54 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 6,5 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 1,95 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 275 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 225 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 500 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 190 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 250 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 700 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4100 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: VW / Limbach (depending on version);
- Power: 75 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation