Ataturk International Airport (Turkey). Official site.
Ataturk International Airport is the largest international airport in Turkey. The airport itself is located in the city - Istanbul, in its European part 24 kilometers from the historic center of the city (Sultanahmet Square). The airport received its name in 1980, in honor of the first president of Turkey - Mustafa Ataturk.
two terminals are located on the territory of the airport:
- Internal (built in 1970 years.);
- International (built in the year 2001).
Between the terminals are connected by an underground passageway.
At the airport there is a hotel connected to a terminal. In addition, the following hotels are within 5 km from the airport:
- WOW Istanbul Hotel (near the airport);
- WOW Airport Hotel (near the airport);
- Hotel Osaka Airoport, 2 km from the airport;
- Florya Konagi Hotel, 4 km from the airport;
- Han Hostel Airport West, 5 km from the airport.
To get to the airport from the city center and from the airport to the right place in several ways:
1) Bus services provided by the airport.
There are on a regular schedule (depending on the direction of motion). There is also a message using speed boats to some of the settlements.
2) City bus
A cheaper alternative to the transfer of the airport, but at the same time more slowly. City buses are also on the schedule.
The road network is very well developed, so people used to travel by car, problems with movement will not occur.
4) light rail.
Transport routes connect the main areas of Istanbul, so you can get to the airport from virtually anywhere in the city (the fare is Euro 1 in average).
Care System in Ataturk International Airport is well developed. The international terminal free of charge access to the wireless LAN connection. A cup of coffee or a snack can be in two Starbucks stores and three Café Burger King. Also, the following services are available at the airport:
- Hairdresser (men's and women's room);
- post office;
- luggage storage;
- Stalls with printed materials;
- Car rental and others.
Since air traffic is very well developed between Russia and Turkey, then fly to Istanbul can be without any problems. Direct flights can be reached from many cities in Russia: Moscow (Domodedovo, Vnukovo, Sheremetyevo), Saint Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Krasnodar, Kazan, Sochi, Rostov-on-Don, Ufa. From all other cities of the flight is carried out with transfers.
- Airport Country: Turkey.
- GMT time zone (summer / winter): + 3 / + 2.
- Latitude geographical 40.98, 28.81 geographical longitude.
- The geographical location of the airport: on 24 kilometers towards the west from the city of Istanbul, in the European part of the city.
- The number of airport terminals: 2.
Istanbul Ataturk (Istanbul Ataturk Airport). Official site:www.ataturkairport.com
- IATA airport code: IST.
- ICAO airport code: LTBA.
- The mailing address of the airport: DHMI, AtaturkHavaLimaniBasmudurlugo, Yesilkoy34830Istanbul, Turkey.
- City Airport Management Phone: + 90216636262.
- City Airport Help Phone: + 902124655555.
- Airport Fax: + 902124655050.
- E. mail Airport: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Base airport are airlines:Atlasjet Airlines (Rusair Airlines),Borajet (Boradzhet),Free Bird Airlines (Free Bird Airlines),Onur Air (Onur Air),Saga Airlines (Saga Airlines),SunExpress (Sanekspress),Turkish Airlines (THY).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation