Maule M-5. Specifications. A photo.
Maule M-5 - American lightweight single-engine monoplane, designed and manufactured by Aircraft «Maule Aircraft» with 1974 years.
A photoMaule M-5
Development of multi-purpose light aircraft Maule M-5 conducted by American designers on the basis of the model Maule M-4Which has become quite popular, but has a few technical shortcomings, which have been corrected in this version of the aircraft. The design of the aircraft Maule M-5 has not changed, but the aircraft performance indicators have become higher, making the aircraft highly popular among the owners about what speaks volume of the issue - for the ten-year period, with 1974 on 1983 year, the American aircraft manufacturers have built more than 855 aircraft, of which today are in operation 800 order.
As before, the plane Maule M-5 allowed to transport on his board are not only passengers, but also the transportation of various goods, which made the model is very popular, and, both among private owners of aircraft, as well as among the various types of flights, which were also very interested in this aircraft because of its high rates of efficiency, high reliability and quite an attractive price.
Maule M-5 photo
In Maule cockpit M-5 can accommodate four people, including also a pilot, allowing local air travel to operate the aircraft in small air routes, usually with air travel for distances up to 200-300 kilometers, while the maximum distance of following this the aircraft is 885 kilometers. Among other things, the plane was also interesting, and private owners, where he was operated in most cases. If necessary, the aircraft can also carry on its board and a payload mass of up to a total 408 kilogram (including the weight of the pilot and one passenger). Initially it was assumed that the aircraft Maule M-5 can also be used extensively in the United States Air Force to conduct patrols and observation flight, however, the American command did not support the initiative, as a consequence, the aircraft has remained exclusively in the civil sphere.
Powerplant Maule M-5 aircraft consists of a piston aircraft engine Lycoming O-360-C1F (basic version of the aircraft) with a capacity of 180 hp, allowing the airplane to disperse the maximum speed in 235 km \ h., Which in turn with Given the advent of the airplane, it was very acceptable. In further versions on the plane have been used more efficient power plants, which is why the plane had and increased load capacity and higher speed flight.
During the nine years of production aircraft Maule M-5 7 models were presented various versions of the aircraft:
- Maule M-5-180C - Basic production version of the airplane equipped with an engine Lycoming O-360-C1F;
- Maule M-5-200 - Modification unit, equipped with a more powerful engine (200 hp);
- Maule M-5-210C Strata Rocket - A modified version of the aircraft, equipped with engine Continental IO-360-D traction in 210 hp .;
- Maule M-5-210TC Lunar Rocket - Turbocharged version of the aircraft with the engine Lycoming TO-360 (210 hp);
- Maule M-5-220C Lunar Rocket - An improved version of the engine Franklin 6A-350-C1 (220 hp);
- Maule M-5-235C Lunar Rocket - Version with the power plant Lycoming O-540-J1A5D (235 hp), which is the most popular variant of the aircraft;
- Maule M-6-235C Super Rocket - Structurally modified and amended version of the aircraft, a similar version Maule M-5-235C Lunar Rocket, but with an increased wingspan and fuel tanks increased volume.
Specifications Maule M-5.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,16 m .;
- Wingspan: 9,4 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 1,9 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 635 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 408 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1043 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 245 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- The maximum flight speed: 277 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 885 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6096 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-540-J1A5D (depending on version);
- Power: 235 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation