Lancair IV. Specifications. A photo.
Lancair IV - an easy four-monoplane, designed and manufactured by the American aircraft manufacturer «Lancair» with 1990 years.
Lancair IV photo
The plane Lancair IV was developed by experts of the American aircraft manufacturer in connection with the need to provide citizens with high-tech with light aircraft suitable for training in piloting the aircraft, as well as for the transportation of passengers. In addition, due to the high maneuverability of the aircraft, as well as high-speed movement, the aircraft can also be used as a sports aircraft.
The high popularity of the aircraft model Lancair IV proves also the fact that in the period from 1990 on 2012 years 360 aircrafts were built this model, after which «Lancair» company management decided to curtail production, replacing the current model is more progressive and effective in terms of its technical use.
A photoLancair IV
Lancair IV aircraft cabin is designed for four people - three passengers and one pilot, and. Interior is made large enough, which in turn does not cause problems, even with extremely long air flights. For shipments this aircraft is not suitable due to their technical and design features, however, the aircraft is widely used as a sports aircraft that is not less in demand.
As the power plant is used by aircraft engine piston-type Continental TSIO-550, capable of developing a thrust of 350 hp, which is more than acceptable for light aircraft. Thanks to this feature, the aircraft can accelerate up to speed in 507 km \ h (maximum airspeed), and easily overcome the distance to 2494 kilometers. Moreover, powerful propulsion system used on this aircraft allowed in 1991 year to break the world speed record for light aircraft - the plane was able to develop a speed in 580 km \ h.
In addition to the basic version Lancair IV, for the production period were also presented and modified versions of the aircraft, in particular:
- Lancair IV-P - Version with pressurized cabin, capable of flying at high altitudes;
- Lancair propjet - Modified version with advanced turboprop powerplant, which allows to accelerate to cruising speed in 556 km \ h. In a subsequent version became a separate model;
- Lancair Tigress - Single modification turboprop high power allows you to accelerate the plane to a cruising speed of 652 km \ h.
Specifications Lancair IV.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,62 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,82 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,8 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 998 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 612 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1610 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 407 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 507 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 2494 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 9140 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston (depending on version);
- Powerplant: Continental TSIO-550 (depending on version);
- Power: 350 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation