Jodel D18. Specifications. A photo.
Jodel D18 - ultra-light aircraft manufactured by the French production company Aircraft «Jodel» in 1974 years.
A photoJodel D18
Development of ultra-light aircraft Jodel D18 began leading French engineers back in the year 1971, in doing so, the specialists was a rather difficult task, is to create a lightweight, multi-purpose aircraft, suitable for use by private owners at the lowest possible price. His first flight of this aircraft took place in 1974, after which it was almost immediately directed into mass production, and which is at the moment.
Jodel D18 photo
If this plane was originally used exclusively by private owners for their own needs and goals, then later, the plane began to also be used as a light sport aircraft, which mainly contributed to the high speed and high maneuverability.
The cabin of the aircraft has a fairly compact size, which is why on-board aircraft can accommodate only two people - a pilot and a passenger. As a rule, freight aircraft of this model is not in use, but the French engineers has provided opportunity for taking on board a certain amount of baggage that has contributed to disseminate widely the aircraft in France and abroad. However, for long air travel airplane Jodel D18 it is not suitable because of the rather small fuel tanks - the maximum range of its flight is 650 kilometers.
Depending on the modification of the aircraft Jodel D18, it can be installed on as less as well as more powerful piston engines. The standard configuration uses a piston powerplant Jabiru 2200 85 traction in developing hp, while, in fact, there can be used by the engine thrust to 60 100 hp, respectively, it has an effect on flight performance of this aircraft. Cruising speed is the standard configuration of the aircraft Jodel D18 is 220 km \ h., When overclocking up to speed about 235 km \ h. (Maximum airspeed).
In addition to the basic version of the aircraft, the French engineers have carried out release also three other different options that differ, as a rule, minor technical features:
- Jodel D185- Modification with a modified chassis and increased cabin space;
- Jodel D19- Variant with a modified chassis;
- Jodel D195- Modified version with a reinforced fuselage.
Specifications Jodel D18.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 5,6 m .;
- Wingspan: 7,5 m .;
- Plane Height: 1,96 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 230 kg .;
- Payload: 220 kg .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 450 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 220 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 235 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 650 km .;
- Maximum height polёta6 3800 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Jabiru 2200 (depending on version);
- Power: 85 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation