Flightstar. Specifications. A photo.
Flightstar - American ultra-light single-engine aircraft, designed by Aircraft «Flightstar Sportplanes» in 1987 year.
Small ultra-light aircraft model Flightstar apparatus began to develop American aircraft in the first half 80-ies of the last century. The main purpose of the development of this aircraft, was the need for the creation and promotion of small private aircraft used exclusively for the needs of the future owners.
Flightstar aircraft design has quite simple, and in fact has no superfluous elements, consisting of a frame on which are fixed the basic elements of the aircraft, including aircraft engine, wings, landing gear, and a place for a pilot. Subsequently, the aircraft design was somewhat improved and strengthened, however, that the initial project allows the maximum to reduce the cost of the aircraft, which was the reason for the great popularity of this aircraft means.
For the first time in the air plane model Flightstar rose in 1987 year, and due to the fact that the aircraft performance metrics aircraft coincided with the expectations of developers, the project was launched in serial production, which was over 22 years - the period for 1987 2009 year.
Initial Flightstar aircraft design allows you to place on board the aircraft only one person, however, carried out after the improvements were subsequently modified and double that led to greater popularization of the aircraft. However, despite the fact that more recent versions of the aircraft are two-site, transport aircraft aboard any cargo it is not possible, due primarily to the low power propulsion and design features of the aircraft.
Depending on the aircraft, at Flightstar plane can be used as piston aircraft engines, and electric motors that provide the ability to set the aircraft thrust from 26 hp to 60 hp, which accordingly affects the maximum flight speed, which in use of productive aircraft engine, can make up to 160 km \ h.
Between 1987 2009 by year, model airplanes Flightstar available in the following variations:
- Flightstar - The original version of the aircraft, equipped Piston aircraft engine the Rotax brand power in 277 26 hp .;
- Flightstar Formula - Single version of the aircraft with a piston aircraft engine brand Rotax 407 (42 hp) or aircraft engine Rotax 503 (50 hp);
- Flightstar Spyder - Single version of the aircraft, manufactured with 1993 years;
- Flightstar Loadstar - A modernized version of the version Flightstar Formula;
- Flightstar e-Spyder - Version with an electric motor (27 hp);
- Flightstar II - Double version of the aircraft;
- Flightstar II SL - An improved version of the version Flightstar II, which can be positioned as a light sports aircraft;
- Flightstar II SC - A modernized version of the version Flightstar II SL.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 4,56 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 9,76 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,29 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 195 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 236 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 431 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 122 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 156 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 560 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3660 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston (depending on version);
- Powerplant: HKS 700E (depending on version);
- Power: 60 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation