ERCO Ercoupe. Specifications. A photo.
ERCO Ercoupe - light multipurpose single-seat monoplane designed by American specialists, and manufactured by the corporation «Engineering and Research Corporation» with 1940 1969 on year.
ERCO Ercoupe photo
Development ERCO Ercoupe single-engine light aircraft was carried out by US aircraft manufacturers for research purposes, with the main customers of the aircraft of this model acted as the US National Space Agency, which is expected to operate the aircraft as a kind of simulator. However, ultimately, the project has received a global spread, and in the middle of 40-ies actively explore private owners.
The plane ERCO Ercoupe is also well suited for training future pilots - its small size, high maneuverability and reliability, coupled with dual controls allow training flights that are actively used in the present time.
Among other things, in some cases, a light plane ERCO Ercoupe and operated as a sports aircraft, helped above its characteristics, and relatively low cost.
A photoERCO Ercoupe
The cabin of the aircraft ERCO Ercoupe has small dimensions and allows you to put on your board is only two people - a pilot and a passenger, or else, the instructor and student. Due to limited space, carrying on board the aircraft of any goods is not possible.
Basic production version of the aircraft of this model is equipped with a piston powerplant in the form of aircraft engine ERCO IL-116, the ability to develop small power 65 hp However, due to renewed demand later on the plane was used and a more powerful and productive power plant, providing the aircraft and a high load capacity and high speed flight. Maximum ERCO Ercoupe airplane flight distance is quite limited - on the average, the aircraft can travel distances of up to 500-600 kilometers, however, the rate depends usually on the version of the aircraft.
For 29-year period of production aircraft ERCO Ercoupe model it was built a wide variety of modifications of this aircraft, among which should be highlighted:
- ERCO 310 - Prototype of 1937 years, which is a monoplane with a powerplant Continental A-40 (40 hp);
- ERCO 415 - Basic production version of the aircraft equipped with engine ERCO IL-116 65 power in hp .;
- Wooden Ercoupe - A special version of the aircraft, made of wood, showing the simple production of aircraft of this model and their high reliability;
- ERCO 415-C Ercoupe - A sample of pre-war aircraft, equipped with a piston-type engine Continental A-65-8 (65 hp). Postwar version had a power plant Continental C-75 75 power in horsepower, but did not get mass distribution;
- ERCO 415-D Ercoupe (ERCO 415-CD Ercoupe) - An improved version of the aircraft, manufactured with 1947 years. Depending on its type, can be equipped with propulsion Continental C-75 (75 hp) or the Lycoming O-235-C2C (108 hp);
- ERCO 415-E Ercoupe - A modified version of the aircraft with minor structural modifications;
- ERCO 415-F Ercoupe - An upgraded version of the aircraft engine is equipped with a Continental C-85 with fuel injection;
- ERCO 415-G Ercoupe - Modification with improved cabin interior, additional compartment for luggage and a number of other technical changes;
- ERCO 415-H Ercoupe - Budget version of the aircraft is not equipped with an electrical system. Built just 7 aircraft;
- ERCO O-55 - Version of the US Air Force developed by the order;
- ERCO PQ-13 - A special version developed for the US Air Force;
- ERCO Twin Ercoupe - A special modification of the aircraft having a fuselage with two cabins and a number of technical features;
- Forney F-1 Aircoupe - A modified version of the plane, based on the version of ERCO 415-G Ercoupe piston-engined Continental C-90-12F (90 hp);
- New Aircoupe - An improved version of the version of Forney F-1 Aircoupe;
- Alon A2 Aircoupe - The version marketed by «Alon Inc.»;
- Alon X-A4 Aircoupe - A modified version of the four-seater aircraft;
- Mooney M10 Cadet - An improved version of the aircraft manufactured by «Mooney Airplane Company»;
- Bryan Autoplane - A special modification of the aircraft;
- Lasher Little Thumper - Single version of the aircraft.
Specifications ERCO Ercoupe.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 6,32 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 9,14 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 1,8 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 339 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 233 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 572 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 155 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 232 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum range of flight: 482 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4000 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental C-75-12 (depending on version);
- Power: 75 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation