DHC-5 Buffalo. Technical specifications. A photo.
DHC-5 Buffalo (Buffalo) is a Canadian turboprop aircraft designed for the carriage of passengers and for freight transport. The aircraft was originally used solely as a means of military transport aircraft, but later began to be used on civilian airlines a small extent.
Photo DHC-5 Buffalo
The main feature of a turboprop aircraft DHC-5 Buffalo is a possibility of the take-off at short distances - to disperse the aircraft and its subsequent separation from the surface of the earth, it is required runway length in 369 meters and landing - 299 length in meters. On board the DHC-5 Buffalo can accommodate up to 41 soldier, but when used of 30 people in the civil air transportation, passenger aircraft.
DHC-5 Buffalo Photo
The first flight of the aircraft DHC-5 Buffalo was made in April 9 1964 years, and later still, a little more than a year later, this aircraft model entered into mass production. In total, during the period from 1965 1974 for the year was made 122 unit of the aircraft, most of which has now decommissioned.
Cockpit DHC-5 Buffalo
Turboprop aircraft DHC-5 Buffalo is perfect for use in remote areas of the world, particularly in places where the construction of a runway large extent, for whatever reasons, it is impossible or impractical.
There 6 major modifications of the aircraft DHC-5 Buffalo, 2 from which mass production has not received:
- DHC-5 Buffalo - basic model turboprop aircraft;
- DHC-5A - modification DHC-5 Buffalo, specially designed for the Air Force of Brazil, Canada and Peru, the main difference is that a special arrangement of the vehicle interior;
- DHC-5B - modification, including the replacement of the original use of turboprop engines General Electric T64 on turboprop engines General Electric CT64-P4C. No audio units have been built;
- DHC-5C - modification of the basic model, with the installation of turboprop engines Rolls-Royce Dart RDa.12. The production has not received a single unit;
- DHC-5D - improved version, which includes the installation of two turbo-prop engines General Electric CT64-820-4, 6266 total capacity of HP .;
- DHC-5E Transporter - modification focused on civil aviation.
Currently, aircraft DHC-5 Buffalo actively used by only two airlines of the world, including the Canadian airline «Summit Air» and Ethiopian flights shedule "Ethiopian Airlines". The use of these aircraft in civil aviation is conducted mainly in remote areas, for the carriage of passengers at major airports
Technical characteristics of the aircraft DHC-5 Buffalo:
- Crew: 3 person;
- Passenger: 30 people;
- aircraft Length: 24, 07 m .;
- Wingspan: 29,26 m .;
- Plane Height: 8,73 m .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 22,31 t .;
- Maximum speed: 467 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight height: 9450 m .;
- Maximum flight distance: 1110 km .;
- The minimum distance for the acceleration: 369 m (at full load).
- The minimum distance for planting: 299 m (at full load).
- aircraft engine Type: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 2 × General Electric CT64-820-4 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 3133 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation