Bede BD-5. Specifications. A photo.
Bede BD-5 - lightweight racing single-seater developed in 1971, the «Bede Aircraft Corporation» American Aircraft Corporation.
A photoBede BD-5
The aircraft model Bede BD-5 became designed by US aircraft manufacturers at the end of 60-ies of the last century, moreover, the plane carried only narrow the scope of its application, in particular, its supposed to be used only as a private aircraft, or as a sports agent, helped by high maneuverability and large airspeed.
Despite the fact that the plane Bede BD-5 has a fairly narrow scope of application, this aircraft has been very popular, and, we are talking about how the use of its territory to the United States of America and in other countries, including European countries.
The compact design of the aircraft provided the aircraft Bede BD-5 high maneuverability, which in turn allowed to perform complex aerobatic stunts, including at high flight speeds. However, for the operation of the aircraft of this model needed some training that is particularly true for the process of landing the aircraft, however, is very high demand for this aircraft indicates that, despite some shortcomings, the plane Bede BD-5 remained very popular.
The first airplane flight Bede BD-5 1971 took place in September of the year, and, while passing all the tests the aircraft is fully met the expectations of its producers, and therefore, has the production of the aircraft was deployed in 1972 year. Issue aircraft Bede BD-5 carried out by the American company «Bede Aircraft Corporation» in an already fully operational options, and as self-assembly kits for future owners, which greatly reduced the cost of the aircraft. 210 was built during the entire production period is already fully manned aircraft, and created about 5100 kits targeting self-assembly.
Bede BD-5 photo
The cabin of the aircraft Bede BD-5 is equipped with only one pilot's seat, and, to carry out the transportation of goods or used for any other tasks, this model of aircraft can not.
Depending on the modification, the aircraft Bede BD-5 can be equipped with a piston, turboprop or turbojet aircraft engine. The most cheapest version of the aircraft, equipped with a piston powerplant brand Hirth 2706, 65 has traction in HP, but can disperse up to speed in 350 km \ h., With a maximum range of flight of the aircraft is also quite acceptable, accounting for about 1330 km .
The following options are aircraft of this model:
- Bede BD-5B - Variant equipped with a piston powerplant;
- Bede BD-5TP - Version equipped aircraft turboprop aircraft engine;
- Bede BD-5J - A modernized version of the aircraft equipped with turbojet engine brand Microturbo TRS 18.
Specifications Bede BD-5.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger capacity: no.
- aircraft Length: 4,26 m .;
- Wingspan: 6,56 m .;
- Plane Height: 1,7 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 210 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 170 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 380 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 322 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 350 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1330 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 8000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston (depending on version);
- Powerplant: Hirth 2706 (depending on version);
- Power: 65 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation