Helicopter Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion. Specifications. A photo.
Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion - American heavy military transport multipurpose helicopter developed in 1964, the company «Sikorsky Aircraft».
Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion photo
Design of multi-purpose military transport helicopter Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion started by American aircraft manufacturers of the company «Sikorsky Aircraft» in 1960 year. The development of heavy aircraft was associated with a demand for such aircraft in the US Armed Forces, and the initiator of this project was just the command of the US Marine Corps.
When designing a military transport helicopter model Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion, the American aircraft manufacturers have tried to create not only a large-capacity aircraft and payload, but also quite maneuverable aircraft. In this connection, the helicopter design has undergone some important changes, which allowed the helicopter to perform complex maneuvers, even in spite of its large size.
The first test of the helicopter test with the rise in the air, was carried out in 1964 year, with the project almost completely passed all the required tests in view of what is already a few months later, after the required improvements have been put into production, where he continued to reside until 1978 year, which was due to high demand for such aircraft.
In addition to the military sphere of its application, the helicopter Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion also actively used in civil aviation, which was used mainly for transporting large loads, including on the outer coupling.
A photoSikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion
The power plant of the aircraft Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion comprises two gas turbine engine of the brand General Electric T64-GE-413, depending on the aircraft modification that create a total power of 7850 hp Helicopter Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion can carry out flights on distances in 1000 kilometers at a cruising flight speed in 275 km \ h.
It should be noted that in addition to transportation to their occupants and cargo, helicopter, and also actively exploited as a means of combat aircraft capable of performing fire support from the air. Armament helicopter Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion is composed of:
- Two large-12,7 mm. machine guns;
- Two machine guns caliber 7,62 mm.
On board the aircraft Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion can accommodate up to 3630 kg of payload, including, and able to be mounted on the outer coupling if its dimensions do not allow to be placed in the cargo compartment of the helicopter. In addition, the aircraft can also carry out transportation on its board until 58 people, including three crew members and 55-equipped troops.
HelicopterSikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion
The helicopter model Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion was made by American aircraft manufacturers of the company «Sikorsky Aircraft» in the following variants:
- Sikorsky YCH-53A Sea Stallion - Primary prototype aircraft to be equipped with less powerful power plants;
- Sikorsky CH-53A Sea Stallion - Production of the helicopter variant developed for the US Marine Corps;
- Sikorsky RH-53A Sea Stallion - A modernized version of the US Navy designed by the order;
- Sikorsky TH-53A Sea Stallion - Training version of the aircraft designed for the US Air Force;
- Sikorsky CH-53D Sea Stallion - Version with improved and increased transmission capacity;
- Sikorsky RH-53D Sea Stallion - An analog version of Sikorsky CH-53D Sea Stallion, designed for the US Navy;
- Sikorsky VH-53D Sea Stallion - VIP-version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky VH-53F Sea Stallion - An improved version of the draft version of the Sikorsky VH-53D Sea Stallion;
- Sikorsky CH-53G Sea Stallion - A special variant of the helicopter, designed by order of the German Air Force are equipped with a more powerful force ustanvokoy, and is used as a multi-purpose aircraft, including combat supplies;
- Sikorsky CH-53GS Sea Stallion - An updated version of the helicopter version of the Sikorsky CH-53G Sea Stallion. It equipped with additional weapons, and has an increased range of flight;
- Sikorsky CH-53GE Sea Stallion - The military version of the search and rescue helicopter;
- Sikorsky CH-53GA Sea Stallion - Modification of 2010 years, equipped with external fuel tanks and new avionics systems;
- Sikorsky S-65C-3 Yas'ur - Export version of the helicopter, created by order of the Air Force of Israel;
- Sikorsky S-65Öe - Export version of the helicopter, designed for the Air Force Austria.
Operation of model helicopters Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion continues today.
Specifications Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion.
- Crew: 3 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 55 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 26,97 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 7,6 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 22 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 10740 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 19100 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 275 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 315 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1000 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5110 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × General Electric T64-GE-413 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 3925 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation