Morane-Saulnier MS.180. Specifications. A photo.
Morane-Saulnier MS.180 - single-engine multipurpose monoplane designed in 1929, the French aircraft manufacturer «Aeroplanes Morane-Saulnier».
A photoMorane-Saulnier MS.180
French aircraft manufacturers have begun to develop a light multi-purpose model monoplane Morane-Saulnier MS.180 in the middle of 20-ies of the last year. Initially, the aircraft assumed only civil scope of its operation, however, vposleduyuschem, during the Spanish Civil War, the aircraft was used and as an independent combat unit, which mainly predisposed properties such aircraft as high maneuverability, reasonable airspeed and high strength an aircraft structure.
Despite the relatively low rate of speed of flight of the aircraft (by today's standards), the plane was actively used as a sports air tools, including to perform aerobatic flight, aided by high strength aircraft design, its ease and quite acceptable aerodynamic component forms the fuselage .
His first flight of the multi-purpose model monoplane Morane-Saulnier MS.180 1929 has made in the year, and due to the fact that all the required tests have been properly and any deviations from the requirements of manufacturers have been identified, the project was soon sent into production, where, however, was neprotyazhёnnoe time - for the whole period of the release company «Aeroplanes Morane-Saulnier» was built just 17 aircraft of this model, of which, to date, remained only a single instance of the aircraft.
The cabin Morane-Saulnier MS.180 aircraft can accommodate only one person, which greatly limits the scope of operation of the aircraft. For the above reasons, the aircraft Morane-Saulnier MS.180 can not be used for the transport of any goods, including fairly compact size. However, the aircraft Morane-Saulnier MS.180 has proven himself as a sports aircraft.
Multi-purpose single-seater model Morane-Saulnier MS.180 equipped power plant consisting of a piston aircraft engine brand Salmson 5AC, which has a towing capacity of 60 hp The use of this propulsion system allows the aircraft to reach speeds in 145 km \ h. (Maximum value), as well as makes it possible to overcome the distance in kilometers 390.
There are three main types of aircrafts of this model:
- Morane-Saulnier MS.180 - A prototype of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with brand Salmson 9Ad (40 hp);
- Morane-Saulnier MS.181 - Main production version of the airplane;
- Morane-Saulnier MS.185 - A modernized version of the aircraft.
Specifications Morane-Saulnier MS.180.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger capacity: no;
- aircraft Length: 6,04 m .;
- Wingspan: 9 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,3 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 380 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 130 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 510 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 125 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 145 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 390 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4100 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Salmson 5AC (depending on version);
- Power: 60 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation