Mitsubishi MU-2 Peacock. Specifications. A photo.
Mitsubishi MU-2 Peacock - Japanese multi-purpose twin-engine passenger and cargo aircraft, developed by the company «Mitsubishi» specialists in 1963 year.
Mitsubishi MU-2 Peacock photo
The first work on the design of the aircraft of this model started by Japanese engineers in 1960 year, and, thanks to the work of designers and aircraft manufacturers have managed to create not only quality, but also very promising aircraft, which has found great support from customers. At its core, the plane model Mitsubishi MU-2 Peacock was the first successful Japanese post-war project, whose production continued on with 1963 1986 year.
Aircraft Mitsubishi MU-2 Peacock, as a rule, little interest of major air carriers, as it was suitable primarily for implementation of flights on local and regional routes. In addition, if required, the aircraft Mitsubishi MU-2 Peacock could also carry on its board and to 1800 kilogram payload. However, in addition to civil aviation plane actively exploited in the military sphere, in particular, on board the aircraft could accommodate up to 15 military, or, if the aircraft were to be used as a transport aircraft means there can be transported, and all kinds of kind of loads.
In some cases, aircraft Mitsubishi MU-2 Peacock was also used as an administrative-type aircraft, however, we only know about 12 adapted for this purpose aircraft.
A photoMitsubishi MU-2 Peacock
Depending on the modification, the aircraft made in Japan can carry on its board until 12 passengers at ranges up to 2335 kilometers, which corresponds to the majority of requirements for the implementation of air traffic on the routes of small and medium-haul.
The power plant of the basic version of the aircraft Mitsubishi MU-2 Peacock consists of two turboprop engines Garrett TPE-331 able to develop sufficient capacity to ensure good load capacity and performance of air travel at a cruising speed of about 485 km \ h. The engine has a high reliability and is virtually cost in its service and maintenance, making these planes with more than 50-year history and popular at the moment.
Aircraft Mitsubishi MU-2 Peacock
Because of the great popularity of the airplane Mitsubishi MU-2 Peacock is available in several different versions:
- Mitsubishi XMU-2 Peacock - The original prototype aircraft with short fuselage;
- Mitsubishi MU-2A Peacock - Pre-production version of the airplane;
- Mitsubishi MU-2B Peacock - The basic production version of the airplane. It involves placing on board to passengers 6;
- Mitsubishi MU-2C Peacock - A modified version of the Mitsubishi MU-2B Peacock, developed at the request of the Japanese Ministry of Defense;
- Mitsubishi MU-2D Peacock - An improved version of the aircraft, with pressurized cabin, and the ability to rise to great heights;
- Mitsubishi MU-2DP Peacock - A modernized version equipped with a more productive aircraft engines and fuel tanks, increased volume;
- Mitsubishi MU-2E Peacock - Version designed for Japanese Air Force;
- Mitsubishi MU-2F Peacock - An improved version of the aircraft, analogue Mitsubishi MU-2DP Peacock, with a reinforced fuselage and increased load-carrying capacity;
- Mitsubishi MU-2K Peacock - A modified version of the aircraft;
- Mitsubishi MU-2M Peacock - An improved version of version Mitsubishi MU-2K Peacock with increased maximum take-off weight;
- Mitsubishi MU-2P Peacock - Modification, with minor technical improvements;
- Mitsubishi Solitaire - Modification of 1979 years with the increased volume of fuel tanks;
- Mitsubishi MU-2G Peacock - Aircraft with a larger version of the length of the fuselage, allowing the board to place an 12 passengers;
- Mitsubishi MU-2J Peacock - A modernized version of version Mitsubishi MU-2G Peacock with further increased length of the fuselage;
- Mitsubishi MU-2L Peacock - An improved version of Mitsubishi MU-2J Peacock;
- Mitsubishi MU-2N Peacock - An analog version of Mitsubishi MU-2P Peacock with further increased the length of the fuselage;
- Mitsubishi Cavenaugh Cargoliner - Cargo version of the plane;
- Mitsubishi LR-1- The military version of the plane, developed by the Air Force's request;
- Mitsubishi MU-2S Peacock - Search and rescue version of the aircraft, developed by order of the military command of Japan.
Specifications Mitsubishi MU-2 Peacock.
- Crew: 1-2 person;
- Passenger: 12 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 12 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,94 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 4,17 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 3433 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1817 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 5250 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 485 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 547 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 2335 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 9020 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine Type: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 2 × Garrett TPE331-6-251M (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 775 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation