Diamond DA50. Specifications. A photo.
Diamond DA50 - family five-seater single-engine aircraft produced «Diamond Aircraft Industries» Austrian Aircraft Corporation.
A photoDiamond DA50
Diamond DA50 Super Star aircraft development began at the end of the year 2005, in this case, as experts note, the Austrian design engineers were able to quickly design the aircraft, according to some sources due to its partial basis on airplanes of the previous models.
In 2007, the plane Diamond DA50 Super Star made its first flight, but, for some reason, the project has been temporarily frozen, and only a year 2010 edition of these aircraft was officially declared open.
Diamond DA50 photo
Unlike previous models, the aircraft has significantly better flight performance, in particular, higher passenger capacity, and high speed flight range, which in turn allows for the commercial exploitation. On board the aircraft can accommodate four passengers and one pilot, at the same time the aircraft is operated for aeroekskursy, implementation of passenger transportation over short distances, including as air taxis, however, is not suitable for transportation of goods due to limited space inside cabins and no possibility of dismantling seats.
The role of power plant in aircraft models Diamond DA50 Super Star plays a six-cylinder piston aircraft engine Teledyne Continental TSIOF-550J able to develop power in 350 hp, which in turn allows you to navigate at distances of up to 2 thousand kilometers at the maximum flight speed about 400 km \ h . The power plant is reliable and easy to plan maintenance, which also attracts many customers.
Apart from the main production version of the aircraft, received the name Diamond DA50 Super Star, also known about the production, at least two modifications that differ both flight performance and a number of changes to the design.
Due to the fact that the basic version of Diamond DA50 Super Star plane had some technical flaws in the production of the first batch arrived modification Diamond DA50 Magnum, is different low-power propulsion Austro Engine AE 300 diesel type, with a capacity of 170 hp
In 2015 was his first flight carried out a version of the aircraft Diamond DA50 JP-7, has extended the fuselage, allowing to take on board up to 7 people (1 pilot and 6 passengers) and has a powerful force turboprop installing Ukrainian production Motor Sich AI-450S, developing a thrust of 465 hp Estimated release of the current version of the aircraft is expected to settle in 2016 year.
Specifications Diamond DA50 Super Star.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 4 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 8,8 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,68 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,2 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 998 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 617 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1615 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 370 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 400 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 2050 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5400 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston (depending on version);
- Powerplant: Teledyne Continental TSIOF-550J (depending on version);
- Power: 350 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation