Culver Cadet. Specifications. A photo.
Culver Cadet - American light multi-purpose aircraft, developed by «Culver Aircraft Company» in 1939 year.
Culver Cadeta photo
American aeronautical engineer embarked on the drafting of a light two-seat aircraft in the middle of 30-ies of the last century. The new aircraft was designed primarily for use in civil aviation, but, subsequently, the aircraft also has found its application in the military sphere, where, however, is rarely used because of the limited in their capabilities.
The aircraft has a very compact design, however, the fuselage shape is very far from the aerodynamic design that in some ways complicates management of this aircraft, but, given the low cost of the aircraft, as well as quite acceptable its flight performance, the aircraft Culver model Cadet was quite popular.
The aircraft in civil aviation can be used both as a private vehicle, and as a sports aircraft, helped by strong enough and robust design of the aircraft. Moreover, thanks to the dual-control aircraft can also be used as the training aircraft, which was one of the reasons for the big promotion of - for the entire release period, more than 600 copies of these aircraft were built, most of which have survived to the present moment.
A photoCulver Cadet
His first flight of the aircraft model Culver Cadet has made in 1939 year, and, initially, this aircraft was not able to successfully pass the required tests, in particular, the problems caused to stabilize the aircraft in a horizontal position in the implementation of the landing, however, in a relatively short period, aircraft manufacturers of the company " Culver aircraft Company »managed to fix the current problem, which is why in a short time and was launched serial production of the aircraft.
The cockpit Culver Cadet can accommodate up to two people, including one pilot and one passenger, and, because of the design features of the aircraft, carrying on board any goods is not possible. It should be clarified that in the military aviation sector, the model aircraft can be controlled by means of radio, however, in this case the operation is carried out solely in an intelligence or supervisory means.
Culver Cadet aircraft equipped with piston power plant, consisting of one aircraft engine brand Franklin 4AC-173-F3 (depending on the modification of the aircraft), which has a thrust of 80 hp When the relative ease of construction, even the use of such a low-powered propulsion system allows the aircraft to accelerate to speed in 235 km \ h., While the maximum distance the flight of aircraft is restricted 805 kilometers.
Over the entire period of production aircraft Culver Cadet model aircraft manufacturers the following modifications have been made of the aircraft:
- Culver Cadet LCA - The basic production version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with the brand Continental A75-8 (75 hp);
- Culver Cadet LFA - An improved version of the aircraft, equipped with a new power plant (80 hp), new electrical system and electric starter;
- Culver Cadet LCA-90 - A modernized version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with the brand Franklin 4AC-199-E3 (90 hp);
- Culver Cadet LAR - Military radio-controlled planes, based at version Culver Cadet LCA;
- Culver Cadet LAR-90 - Analogue version Culver Cadet LAR, equipped with a more powerful powerplant;
- Culver PQ-8 - An upgraded version of the Culver Cadet LAR, a piston engine equipped with a capacity of 125 hp .;
- Culver Q-8A - Analogue version Culver PQ-8;
- Culver TDC-1 - A pilot version of the aircraft;
- Culver TDC-2 - Modification, designed for the needs of the US Navy.
Specifications Culver Cadet.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 5,4 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 8,4 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 1,68 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 386 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 204 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 590 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 190 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 235 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 805 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 5720 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Franklin 4AC-173-F3 (depending on version);
- Power: 80 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation