Berkut 360. Specifications. A photo.
Berkut 360 - two-seater single-engine aircraft, designed by the American aircraft manufacturer «Berkut Aircraft» in 1989 year.
Berkut 360a photo
The aircraft model Berkut 360 American aircraft manufacturers have begun to develop in the middle of 80-ies of the last century. In terms of its flight performance the aircraft is practically no different from the aircraft of that era, however, thanks to a unique and very unusual design, the plane was able to quickly gain popularity among potential customers, and, in fact, has become popular precisely because of this.
Unusual Berkut 360 aircraft design actually has a tail section - the main plane of the tail function is played by special items, which are located at the ends of the wings (like winglets), with similar design does not actually impact on flight safety, but made the plane more maneuverable, it is also one of its features.
His first flight of the aircraft Berkut 360 produced in 1989 year, however, the test of the aircraft resulted in the crash of the aircraft, in this connection, the draft was sent for further revision, and after the second round of test flights, the aircraft proved its reliability and entered series production, which was up to 2009 years.
A photoBerkut 360
The aircraft model Berkut 360 has a rather narrow purpose, and is intended primarily for private owners. On board the aircraft can accommodate only two people - a pilot and a passenger, and, due to the structural features of the transport on board an aircraft any goods is not possible.
The power plant of the aircraft model Berkut 360 consists of one four-cylinder piston aircraft engine brand Lycoming IO-360, which is able to develop traction in 180 hp (Depending on the variant of the aircraft), which gives the aircraft cruising speed of 355 km \ h., And allows you to navigate at distances up to 1980 kilometers, which is very suitable for light twin aircraft.
American aircraft manufacturers producing aircraft Berkut 360 was carried out in the following versions:
- Berkut 360 - Basic production version of the airplane;
- Berkut FG360 - A modernized version of the aircraft with rigidly fixed chassis;
- Berkut 540 - An improved version of the aircraft equipped with the six-cylinder aircraft engine Lycoming piston power in 260 hp .;
- Berkut FG540 - Analogue version Berkut 540 rigidly fixed to the chassis;
- Berkut Mobius - Modified coupe version of the aircraft, equipped with system of automatic piloting;
- Berkut Jet - Modification equipped aircraft engine GE T-58;
- Berkez - An improved version of the aircraft, which is a modernized version of the aircraft Rutan Long-EZ.
Specifications Berkut 360.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 5,64 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 8,14 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,29 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 469 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 438 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 907 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 355 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 400 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1980 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 9750 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming IO-360 (depending on version);
- Power: 180 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation