Waco E. Specifications. A photo.
Waco E - series of small single-engine biplane designed in 1939, the US aircraft manufacturer «Waco Aircraft Company».
Waco E photo
Development of the first representative of a series of planes Waco E started American aviation specialists in 1937 year. As a support base, the American aircraft manufacturers of the company «Waco Aircraft Company» used some options Waco C aircraft family, but, in general, the design of both families of aircraft differed, as well as differences between received and aircraft performance quality aircraft.
Planes Waco E family are multi-purpose aircraft that can carry out transportation on its board as a passenger so transported any kind of loads, thus ensuring a broad scope for the use of aircraft. However, due to the relatively high cost for the entire period of production was built only a few dozen aircraft belonging to the family of the series and, then, «Waco Aircraft Company» Aircraft company management has decided to discontinue aircraft.
Aircraft Waco E family is made in the configuration of a biplane, which provided the aircraft greater lifting force when in fact the aircraft was equipped with quite powerful power plant, which provided the aircraft and higher load capacity and greater speed of movement that in view of aircraft production period of this series, it was quite acceptable.
A photoWaco E
In the commercial sector, its use, planes Waco E family almost did not apply - with the exceptions of a few instances, however, the vast majority of aircraft were purchased by private operators using aircraft for its own purposes.
In Waco E aircraft cabin can accommodate up to four people, including one pilot and three passengers. In addition to transport on its occupants, Waco E aircraft are also used for transporting cargo with a total weight of up to 665 kg, which was also very acceptable.
Family planes Waco E aircraft engine equipped with a radial piston type. Basic variant aircraft equipped with the power piston ustanvokoy brand Jacobs L-6, which is able to develop a thrust in 300 hp, allowing the aircraft to accelerate to speeds in 255 km \ h. (Cruising indicator), and to travel distances 1722 kilometers, which is a very large value for this class biplane.
Waco E family of aircraft includes the following models and variations of the aircraft:
- Waco ARE Aristocrat - The basic production version of the aircraft;
- Waco HRE Aristocrat - An improved version of the aircraft;
- Waco SRE Aristocrat - An upgraded version of the aircraft, equipped with engine Pratt & Whitney R-985 Wasp Junior SB-2 (400 hp);
- Waco WRE Aristocrat - An improved version of the draft version of Waco ARE Aristocrat.
Specifications Waco E.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 8,48 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,6 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,64 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1240 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 665 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1905 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 315 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 325 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1722 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 7160 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney R-985 SB-2 (depending on version);
- Power: 400 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation