Helicopter Sikorsky S-61. Specifications. A photo.
Sikorsky S-61 - multipurpose helicopter developed by the American company «Sikorsky Aircraft» in 1959 year.
A photoSikorsky S-61
Development of the aircraft of this type was initiated by the United States Naval Forces, and, initially it was assumed that the aircraft Sikorsky S-61 should be an effective means of combat to fight submarines, in particular, intended to equip the helicopter appropriate weapons (torpedoes and deep bomb) . However, the great success of the helicopter Sikorsky S-61 in the military sphere and did not get what was due mainly to a number of its technical characteristics, however, the aircraft was actively used in the field of civil aviation.
Helicopter Sikorsky S-61 is one of the few multi-purpose civilian aircrafts manufactured by «Sikorsky Aircraft». In particular, a helicopter of this model can work effectively in the implementation of passenger flights at ranges up to 835 kilometers, makes it possible to carry on its board until 3025 kilogram payload allows for fire fighting, oilfield service, etc.
Sikorsky S-61 photo
Depending on version, the helicopter Sikorsky S-61 able to carry on its board until 32 people, including two pilots and that, in turn, does not provide virtually none existed in the time period of this type of aircraft. The helicopter was operated and continues to operate to this day, many air carriers for flights to remote areas on local airlines, while, due to the high load capacity, effective the aircraft and the transport of goods.
The power plant helicopter Sikorsky S-61 model consists of two gas turbine engines General Electric CT58-140, each of which is capable of traction in 1500 hp, which in turn ensures the aircraft is quite reasonable flight speed component at the maximum possible about 267 km \ h. However, in some cases, this power plant can not cope with the overload, and therefore the number of accidents involving the helicopter model Sikorsky S-61 remains high enough - according to experts it is because of this particular helicopter almost did not operate in the military sphere.
the creation of several different versions of the aircraft were sold for a very long period of production by American engineers.
- Sikorsky S-61L- Civilian transport and passenger version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky S-61L Mk II- Modified version with minor technical improvements;
- Sikorsky S-61N- The civil version of the helicopter with the ability to carry out landing on water;
- Sikorsky S-61N Mk II- A modified version of version of Sikorsky S-61N;
- Sikorsky S-61NM- A modified version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky S-61T Triton- Technically improved version of the helicopter (changed the main screw, used modern avionics, etc.).
Despite the relatively high age, a helicopter with more than 55-year history continues to operate efficiently and to the present day.
Specifications Sikorsky S-61.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Capacity: 30 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 17,96 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 5,32 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 18,9 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 5595 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 7332 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 222 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 267 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 835 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3810 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × General Electric CT58-140;
- Power: 2 × 1500 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation