The helicopter Focke-Achgelis Fa 223. Specifications. A photo.
Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 - German multipurpose helicopter developed by aircraft manufacturer «Focke-Achgelis» in 1940 year.
The helicopter model Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 were developed by German aircraft manufacturers in 1935 year. Given that much experience in the construction of aircraft of this type have been very few engineers, development aircraft have taken five years, at the same time, the helicopter is not much to justify their appearance, since the scope of this aircraft was extremely limited.
The helicopter Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 was designed solely as a military aircraft, able to transport small groups of soldiers, as well as to ensure patrolling areas with difficult terrain and carry out the attack submarines - in fact, the aircraft is the first in its category to deal effectively with submarines.
For the first time in the air helicopter model Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 rose in 1940 year, and the new vehicle is very much impressed the German High Command, as in fact, the aircraft could hover in one place and monitor, or the attack of possible opponent, which was very important for the army in Germany, especially in the midst of World war II.
Among other things, the aircraft could also be used as an independent combat air vehicle. Armed with a helicopter Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 is:
- Machine gun MG15 model, caliber in 7,92 mm .;
- 2 bombs to bomb the area, or at least two deep charge, to destroy submarines.
On board his helicopter model Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 6 can carry up to people, including two canoes crew and four passengers in the role of which were usually military armed forces of Germany. In addition to transport on board its passengers, the helicopter Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 could also carry and transport a variety of goods, provided that their size will meet the technical requirements, and the weight will not exceed 680 kg.
HelicopterFocke-Achgelis Fa 223
The power plant helicopter Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 includes one nine-aircraft engine Radial brand BMW Bramo 323D-2, which are driven by two screws, which are located on one side of the aircraft. The power plant has been very reliable, however, in case of its failure, and similar cases, the helicopter almost fell steeply in them, thereby condemning to death of the crew and possible passengers on its board. Maximum speed of the helicopter 180 km \ h., While the aircraft can perform flights on distances of up to 700 kilometers, taking into account the period of production of the aircraft is a very acceptable figure.
Over the entire period of production, the German aircraft manufacturers 20 aircrafts of this model were produced, which includes the following options:
- Focke-Achgelis Fa 223A - Anti-aircraft variant;
- Focke-Achgelis Fa 223B - Improved modification that can be equipped with additional external fuel tanks;
- Focke-Achgelis Fa 223C - Search and rescue variant of the aircraft;
- Focke-Achgelis Fa 223D - Military transport version of the helicopter;
- Focke-Achgelis Fa 223E - A training version of the aircraft equipped with twin control systems;
- Focke-Achgelis Fa 223Z- Design, unfinished version of the aircraft, equipped with four rotors.
Specifications Focke-Achgelis Fa 223.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Capacity: 4 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 12,25 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 4,36 m (depending on version).
- . The diameter of the rotor: 12 m (each rotor - approx.);
- Weight of empty helicopter: 3180 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3860 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 135 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 180 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 700 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4875 m .;
- Power plant: BMW Bramo 323D-2;
- Power: 1000 hp ..
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation