Helicopter Bell HSL. Specifications. A photo
Bell HSL - US military anti-submarine helicopter, developed in 1953, the aircraft manufacturer «Bell Helicopter».
Bell HSL photo
Designing military antisubmarine helicopter model Bell HSL, also called Bell Model 61, 1950 was conducted in the year. The initiator of the beginning of this project are the US naval forces, who were in need of high-quality and efficient air vehicles used for the detection and destruction of submarines and enemy submarines. Moreover, thanks to the special design of this aircraft model aircraft Bell HSL could also be used for other purposes, for example to carry out search and rescue operations, transport of people on your board and heavy loads.
The first test trials helicopter Bell HSL model were conducted aircraft manufacturers of the company «Bell Helicopter» in 1953 year, however, a number of technical flaws, aircraft control was very difficult, as a consequence, the development continued, and only 1957 year the aircraft was officially presented.
The helicopter gave very effective in terms of its operational capacity, and therefore, in the naval forces of the USA 50 aircrafts of this model were delivered, which operated until the end of 70-ies of the last century.
helicopter Armament consists primarily of protivolodnyh torpedoes and depth charges, and as an independent fighting unit to deal with ground and air targets, this tool is not effective.
On board the aircraft Bell HSL unit can accommodate up to 24 people, including four crew members and 20 fully-equipped troops. However, as such, a helicopter for transporting people did not apply, however, could also produce and transport various types of cargo, including large marker, the only condition was that exceeding of the maximum take-off weight of the helicopter, which constituted 12 tons.
The helicopter is equipped with a power Bell HSL ustanvokoy consisting of one 18-cylinder radial aircraft engine brand Pratt & Whitney R-2800-50, which is able to develop traction in 2400 hp, which ensures an aircraft high rate of duty. The use of two bearing rotor aircraft provided improved stabilization during the flight, while the maximum speed of movement of the helicopter was 185 km \ h.
Bell HSL scheme
There the following options for the aircraft model Bell HSL:
- Bell XHSL-1 - Experimental prototypes of the aircraft;
- Bell HSL - Main production version of the aircraft;
- Bell D-116 - Draft version of the civilian version of the helicopter;
- Bell D-216 - Draft version of the helicopter, which has increased carrying capacity;
- Bell D-238 - An improved version of the draft version of Bell D-216.
Specifications Bell HSL.
- Crew: 4 person;
- Capacity: 20 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 11,9 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 4,42 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 15,7 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 5890 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 12000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 160 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 185 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 565 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3920 m .;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney R-2800-50;
- Power: 2400 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation