Timm Collegiate. Specifications. A photo.
Timm Collegiate - American lightweight two-seat monoplane developed in 1928, the aircraft manufacturer «Timm Airplane Corporation».
Timm Collegiate photo
Design of the aircraft started Timm Collegiate American designer Otto Timm in 1925 year. Aviastroitel intended to create a multi-purpose and demanded aircraft, suitable mainly for private use, as well as for use in the commercial sector of the United States civil aviation.
Given the aircraft production period, the American designer wanted to get vysokoplana configuration, since it is similar to the aircraft design is more simple in terms of its build and operation, which largely could afford to reduce the cost of the aircraft, which was also important. However, due to a series of miscalculations in aircraft design, the model has not been able to become a multi-purpose in terms of its operational capacity, in view of which the aircraft released officially ceased to 1930 years.
aircraft design Timm Collegiate has an open cab, which is one of the reasons why the aircraft can not carry any loads. In addition, the passenger seat and the pilot's seat separated from each other, which also creates a disadvantage for the placing on its board cargo.
A photoTimm Collegiate
Timm Collegiate aircraft can carry on your board up to two people, which made the plane is mainly suitable for private use, while taking into account the production, the plane could also be available as a commercial aircraft. The aircraft has not paired control, as a consequence, the aircraft can not be used as an educational and training facilities, although initially, the US designer considered such a possibility.
Basic production version of the airplane Timm Collegiate has power ustanvokoy piston type, comprising one aircraft engine Anzani 10 brand, able to develop traction in 90 hp, which is quite acceptable figure. The aircraft is capable of carrying out flights on distances of up to 965 kilometers at a maximum speed of their flight in 175 km \ h.
Timm Collegiate aircraft designed in the following variants:
- Timm K-90 Collegiate - The basic production version of the airplane;
- Timm K-100 Collegiate - A modernized version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped Kinner K-5. Later the aircraft was redesigned in version Timm C-165 Collegiate;
- Timm TW-120 Collegiate - An improved version of the aircraft fitted with engines, Western L-7;
- Timm M-150 Collegiate - An upgraded version of the aircraft with the power plant with a capacity of McClatchie Panther 150 hp .;
- Timm TC-165 Collegiate - A modernized version of a piston aircraft engine Continental A-70;
- Timm C-165 Collegiate - Improved version, created on the basis Timm K-100 Collegiate;
- Timm C-170 Collegiate - Version with the engine Curtiss Challenger (170 hp). Later version was Curtiss Challenger aircraft engine power in HP 185 .;
- Timm C-185 Collegiate - A modernized version of the model created on the basis Timm C-170 Collegiate.
Specifications Timm Collegiate.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 7,49 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,68 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,6 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 740 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 292 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1032 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 150 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 175 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 965 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4100 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Kinner K-5 (depending on version);
- Power: 100 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation