Dornier Do 28. Specifications. Specification. A photo.
Dornier Do 28 - German twin-engine multipurpose aircraft short takeoff and landing aircraft manufacturer produced «Dornier Flugzeugbau GmbH» with 1959 years.
The aircraft Dornier Do 28 developed by German aircraft manufacturers as a multipurpose aircraft, primarily destined for the Air Force in Germany, but, ultimately, the aircraft, including after a number of the done improvements became exploited in the commercial field of civil aviation , including for transportation and transporting of the passenger traffic, etc.
A photoDornier Do 28
The design of the airplane Dornier Do 28 based on a military model aircraft Dornier Do 27, however, the German aircraft manufacturers dramatically optimize the design of the aircraft, installed on the aircraft two powerful piston aircraft engine, expanded interior space of the aircraft, making it suitable for most of the goals pursued in civil aviation.
His first flight of the aircraft Dornier Do 28 made in late April 1959 years, thus, the aircraft almost immediately was put into production, which is due to the high popularity, it lasted until the end of 80-ies.
Dornier Do 28 photo
Depending on the version of the aircraft, its occupants can be placed at least 7 people, while for the control of the aircraft only requires one pilot. Aircraft operated in civil aviation to the present moment - it performed on passenger flights on domestic and regional airlines, freight transport is conducted, etc.
As the power plant, on the aircraft models used Dornier Do 28 piston aircraft engines, capable of developing a thrust of 380 hp each, depending on the version of aircraft modifications and production time. Powerful aircraft engines are able to disperse the aircraft up to speed in 320-330 km \ h., At the time. As the maximum flight range of the aircraft is about 1000-1300 kilometers.
AircraftDornier Do 28
On the basis of the first version was created by a large number of modifications, some of which are already used stopped and another part continues to be operated and the present time.
- Dornier Do 28 - The first prototype, equipped with a powerplant developing traction in 360 hp .;
- Dornier Do 28A-1 - Improved version with increased along the length of the fuselage, increased wingspan, as well as a more powerful power plant, consisting of two reciprocating engines Lycoming O-540-A1A capacity 250 hp each. Over the entire period was built 60 copies;
- Dornier Do 28A-1-S - Modification, equipped with the ability to commit landing on water;
- Dornier Do 28B-1 - A modified version with a modified design of the fuselage, at the additional fuel tanks. Equipped with two piston aircraft engines total power 580 hp .;
- Dornier Do 28B-1-S - A modified version with a perfect landing on the water;
- Dornier Do 28B-2 - Special. A single version equipped with turbocharged aircraft engines;
- Dornier Do 28C - Aft version installed turboprop aircraft engines;
- Dornier Do 28D - Modification to the design of a modified, extended wings, modified tail and a new power plant in two piston engines of thrust in 380 hp each;
- Dornier Do 28D-1 - An improved version of the modification Dornier Do 28D with extended wingspan;
- Dornier Do 28D-2 - An improved version of Dornier Do 28D, with reinforced fuselage and increased maximum take-off weight;
- Dornier Do 28D-2 / OU - Special patrol version of the aircraft;
- Dornier Do 28D-2T - Modification to the German Air Force;
- Dornier Do 28D-5X Turbo Skyservant - prototype aircraft with turbo powerplant;
- Dornier Do 28D-6X Turbo Skyservant - prototype turboprop aircraft engines;
- Dornier Do 28E-TNT - Prototype, which later became the basis for a number of models of passenger aircraft of the German aircraft manufacturer;
- Dornier Do 28 G.92 - Turboprop version of the aircraft, powerplant which develops capacity in 900 hp .;
- Dornier Do 128-2 - Improved and revised version of modified Dornier Do 28D-2;
- Dornier Do 128-6 - The production version modified Dornier Do 28D-6X Turbo Skyservant.
Specifications Dornier Do 28.
- Crew: 1 people (depending on version);
- Passenger: 1 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 11,4 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 15,5 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,9 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2328 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1319 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3647 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 306 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 325 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1050 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 7680 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston (depending on version);
- Powerplant: 2 × Lycoming IGSO-540-A1E (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 380 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation