Cessna Citation III. Characteristics. A photo.
Cessna Citation III (Cessna 650) is a business jet, which served as the prototype for the creation of the previous version of the Citation family (Cessna 500 Citation IandCessna Citation II), With a number of significant changes.
Cessna Citation III photo
Unlike previous Citation family of models, version Cessna Citation III is a business class aircraft of medium size, which allows not only to carry a greater number of passengers, but also make themselves more comfortable air. Among other things, Cessna Citation III features a new power plant - two turbofan engines Garrett TFE731-3B-100S allow the aircraft to develop traction in 32,4 kN, which naturally affected the flight performance of the aircraft, in particular, was able to increase airspeed to 875 km \ h, the flight altitude of 15454 meters, and in addition, the use of new engines were cheaper, which naturally attracted customers.
A photoCessna Citation III
In the development, the American aircraft manufacturers have relied on previous designs Citation family of aircraft, however, eventually the aircraft received a completely different design, as well as new and interior fittings. The first development of a new aircraft began in the year 1978, and in 1979, the new aircraft was officially presented, and after a year, the aircraft will go into series production.
On board the aircraft Cessna Citation III can accommodate from 8 to 9 passengers (depending on the cabin configuration) and requires at least two crew members for the aircraft control that was originally in doubt the leadership Cessna airlines, but given the fact that in other aircraft manufacturers, this feature has also been a characteristic, it was decided not to reduce the number of pilots.
Photo salonCessna Citation III
Cessna Citation III performed well and both in terms of operation and in terms of reliability. According to the pilots, the plane was comfortable driving, he was very agile and emergencies if they occur, are usually linked, they were either not good enough service aircraft, either because of the human factor - for all time use this model we only know about 8 cases of crashes.
During production, the release continued over 12 years, 1980 on 1992 year, the US aircraft plant Cessna produced 202 aircraft Cessna Citation III, that by modern standards, not so much, but considering the fact that the aircraft was designed to administrative air, the success of the new aircraft is undoubtedly won.
At the moment, most of the aircraft Cessna Citation III is operated by individuals, in this case, the plane still remains popular due to its good reliability, low cost and easy maintenance.
In addition to the basic model, American aviarazrabotchiki introduced three more versions, the development of which were based on the Cessna Citation III:
- Cessna Citation IV - has an enlarged fuel tanks to travel long distances, however, due to some technical problems for all time was made just one plane;
- Cessna Citation VI is a budget version of the model range, in particular, due to the installation of standard means of avionics, an inexpensive salon equipment, etc.
- Cessna Citation VII received new aircraft engines, as a consequence, significantly improved flight performance of the aircraft. Appearance of the plane has not changed.
Technical specifications Cessna Citation III.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 8-9 people (depending on the cabin configuration);
- aircraft Length: 16,92 m .;
- Wingspan: 16,31 m .;
- Plane Height: 5,13 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 5,29 t .;
- Payload: 4,69 t .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 9,98 t .;
- Cruising speed: 875 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 880 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 3774 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 15545 m .;
- aircraft engine type: turbofan;
- Powerplant: 2 × Garrett TFE731-3B-100S (depending on version);
- Link: 2 × 16,2 kN. (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation