New York Airport name John F. Kennedy. Official site.
Basic data Airport, John F. Kennedy:
- Airport Country: US.
- The largest US airport on the scale of international traffic.
- GMT time zone (summer / winter): -4 / -5.
- Latitude geographical 40.64, longitude geographic -73.78.
- The geographical location of the airport: to the southeast from the city of New York, in 19 km from Lower Manhattan.
The international airport of New York JFK is considered the main gateway of the United States, because it receives the most international flights (compared to other airports in the United States). It is located in the southeast area of the city of New York. The name of the airport was still in 1963, in honor of the famous president of the United States - John F. Kennedy.
At the airport there are eight terminals:
- 1.Terminal 1 (flights from Europe);
- 2.Terminal 2 (flights within the US);
- 3.Terminal 3 (flights within the US);
- 4.Terminal 4 (international flights).
It is the main terminal of the airport;
- 5.Terminal 5 (flights within the US);
- 6.Terminal 6 (closed);
- 7.Terminal 7 (international flights);
- 8.Terminal 8 (flights within the United States).
Between terminals constantly runs a special train AirTrain, which moves without a driver.
Near the hotel are a large number of hotels:
- - Best Western Kennedy Airport;
- - Comfort Inn JFK Airport;
- - Courtyard New York JFK Airport;
- - Days Inn Jamaica - JFK Airport;
- - Doubletree Hotel JFK Airport;
- - Fairfield Inn by Marriott JFK Airport;
- - Hampton Inn NY-JFK Jamaica-Queens;
- - Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport;
- - Howard Johnson Inn Jamaica JFK Airport;
- - International JFK Airport Hotel;
- - Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel.
Getting from JFK Airport to New York the following ways.
- 1) Metro.
To get to the metro stations located near the airport on the train AirTrain (such a trip will cost 5 dollars). Then you take the metro and get off to the desired station. Metro also goes without a driver.
- 2) bus.
Depending on what area of the city you want to go, the price of the bus trip is different and varies from 12 25 to dollars.
- 3) Taxi.
One the most popular modes of transportation in New York. We all remember those yellow cars that are so often in the movies.
Depending on the destination and the cost of the trip depends. Plus, should pay road tax (not more than 4 dollars), as well as a tip (of up to 15 20%). there are simple "fish is" In addition to the official taxi companies. And if in the first case, the fare is usually fixed, with the "privates" and you can bargain.
The airport offers the following services:
- Budget hotels.
- Wireless Internet (1 hour - 4,95 dollar all day - 7,95 dollars).
- Luggage Storage (non-stop operation at the terminal 4).
- Currency exchange.
- Boutiques, shops with cosmetics and perfumery.
- Cafes, bars, restaurants and much more.
The number of airport terminals: 8.
The main airport codes:
- IATA airport code: JFK.
- ICAO airport code: KJFK.
Airport New York JFK. Official site: www.kennedyairport.com
- The mailing address of the airport: ThePort, AuthorityofNY & NJ, Building14, Jamaica, NewYork11430, UnitedStates.
- City Airport Management Phone: + 17182444444.
- Airport Fax: + 17182443538.
Base airport are airlines:American Airlines (American Airlines), American Eagle Airlines (American Eagle Airlines), Baltia Air Lines (Baltia Air Lines),Delta Air Lines (Delta Air Lines), Freedom Airlines (Freedom Airlines), Jet Blue Airways (Jet Blue Airways), Miami Air International (Miami Air International), North American Airlines (North American Airlines), World Airways (Verld Airways).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation