Helicopter Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw. Specifications. A photo.
Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw - multipurpose helicopter manufactured by the American aircraft manufacturer «Sikorsky Aircraft» with 1950 years.
A photoSikorsky H-19 Chickasaw
Design helicopter Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw began American Aircraft company «Sikorsky Aircraft» by special order from the US Armed Forces in 1946 year. Development of multi-purpose aircraft was to allow for a future project functionality, including the use as an independent combat unit, as a transport aircraft, as well as search and rescue, patrol and reconnaissance tools.
Because in the middle of 40-ies helicopters as such are not very popular due to some limitations in its applicability, the development model Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw took about three years, which is very quickly, and in 1949, the helicopter She has made its first flight, and since the year 1950, the aircraft went into production.
Despite the fact that the helicopter Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw had a very low speed of their movement, the aircraft is quite interested potential customers, among which in particular featured such US military as the US naval forces, the US Air force, and the US marine Corps.
Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw photo
Helicopter Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw may act as an independent fighting unit, however, is very limited, as in fact. As used herein, machine guns capable of hitting a soft-skinned technology and manpower, while the helicopter itself, because of its rather massive size, is very vulnerable and easily visible target.
The aircraft model Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw actively used to transport various types of cargo and small groups of soldiers and this has earned great praise from the US military command. Moreover, a large range of flight of the aircraft allows its use as a patrol agents, as well as in carrying out search and rescue operations.
On board the helicopter Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw can accommodate up to 12 people, which depends primarily on the version of the aircraft and its purpose. In addition to transporting people, the helicopter can also carry out transportation of cargoes of small volume, or else provide accommodation on board of specialized equipment, such as for aerial terrain.
HelicopterSikorsky H-19 Chickasaw
The power plant of the aircraft consists of a radial aircraft engine brand Pratt & Whitney R-1340-57, the ability to develop traction in 600 hp, however, mark and engine power depends on the version of the aircraft and its modifications. The maximum speed of flight of the helicopter Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw, when using such a power plant is 165 km \ h., While the maximum range of repetition equals 725 kilometers.
The options helicopter Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw:
- Sikorsky YH-19 Chickasaw - A test version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky H-19A Chickasaw - The production version developed for the US Air Force;
- Sikorsky SH-19A Chickasaw - Search and rescue variant of the aircraft;
- Sikorsky H-19B Chickasaw - A modernized version of the version of Sikorsky H-19A Chickasaw;
- Sikorsky SH-19B Chickasaw - An improved version of the version of Sikorsky SH-19A Chickasaw;
- Sikorsky H-19S Chickasaw - A modified version of the helicopter version of the Sikorsky H-19A Chickasaw;
- Sikorsky H-19D Chickasaw - A modified version of the helicopter Sikorsky H-19B Chickasaw;
- Sikorsky HO4S-1 Chickasaw - Helicopter variant developed for the US Naval Forces;
- Sikorsky HO4S-2 Chickasaw - Search and rescue helicopter variant, designed for the US Navy;
- Sikorsky HO4S-2G Chickasaw - Modification developed for the US Coast Guard;
- Sikorsky HO4S-3 Chickasaw - An improved version of the modification of the Sikorsky HO4S-2 Chickasaw, equipped with a more powerful force ustanvokoy;
- Sikorsky HO4S-3G Chickasaw - An analog version of Sikorsky HO4S-3 Chickasaw, developed taking into account the needs of the US Coast Guard;
- Sikorsky HRS-1 Chickasaw - Version designed taking into account the requirements of the US Marine Corps;
- Sikorsky HRS-2 Chickasaw - An improved version of the version of Sikorsky HRS-1 Chickasaw;
- Sikorsky HRS-3 Chickasaw - A modernized version of the version Sikorsky HRS-2 Chickasaw, aircraft engine equipped with a capacity of 700 hp .;
- Sikorsky HRS-4 Chickasaw - Draft version, the estimated capacity of the equipment in the aircraft engine 1025 hp .;
- Sikorsky UH-19A Chickasaw - An analog version of Sikorsky H-19A Chickasaw;
- Sikorsky HH-19A Chickasaw - An analog version of Sikorsky SH-19A Chickasaw;
- Sikorsky UH-19B Chickasaw - An analog version of Sikorsky H-19B Chickasaw;
- Sikorsky HH-19B Chickasaw - An analog of the aircraft version of Sikorsky SH-19B Chickasaw;
- Sikorsky CH-19A Chickasaw - An analog version of Sikorsky HRS-3 Chickasaw;
- Sikorsky UH-19F Chickasaw - An analog version of the helicopter Sikorsky HO4S-3 Chickasaw;
- Sikorsky HH-19G Chickasaw - Version of the aircraft, a similar version of Sikorsky HO4S-3G Chickasaw;
- Sikorsky S-55 - The commercial version of the helicopter used to transport goods and people;
- Sikorsky S-55A - An improved version of the version of Sikorsky S-55, equipped with a radial engine with a capacity of 800 hp .;
- Sikorsky S-55B - A modified civilian version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky S-55C - An improved version of the version of Sikorsky S-55A;
- Sikorsky S-55T - A modernized version of the aircraft, equipped turboshaft engines;
- Sikorsky S-55QT - Special commercial version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky OHA-S-55 Heli-Camper - An improved version of the helicopter used to transport people and goods;
- Sikorsky OHA-S-55 Nite-Writer - A special variant of the civilian version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky OHA-S-55 Bearcat - Agricultural version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky OHA-S-55 Heavy Lift - Civilian air valve used in the construction or the transport of heavy loads;
- Sikorsky QS-55 Aggressors - A special version of the civil helicopter;
- Sikorsky OHA-AT-55 Defender - Battle of the military version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky Whirlwind HAR21 - The military version of the helicopter, developed for the Royal Navy;
- Sikorsky Whirlwind HAR22 - An improved version of the version of Sikorsky Whirlwind HAR21, designed by order of the British Navy.
Specifications Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw.
- Crew: 2 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 10 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 12,91 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 4,07 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 16,16 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 2177 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3409 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 140 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 165 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 725 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3200 m (depending on version).
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney R-1340-57 (depending on version);
- Power: 600 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation