Helicopter Sikorsky CH-124 Sea King. Specifications. A photo.
Sikorsky CH-124 Sea King - the military anti-helicopter, aircraft designers developed the company «Sikorsky Aircraft» in 1963 year.
A photoSikorsky CH-124 Sea King
Start development antisubmarine helicopters Sikorsky CH-124 Sea King has been initiated by the military US Navy command at the end of 50-ies of the last century, at the same time, the detection and destruction of submarines of the enemy was to be not the sole purpose of operating a helicopter of this model, in particular, inter alia, a helicopter was used to transport people or goods, the implementation of search and rescue operations, and others.
Model helicopter Sikorsky CH-124 Sea King was first introduced in 1963 year, while it almost immediately entered by the US Navy, that was mainly due to the high demand for aircraft of this type, and even helicopter issue was not massive, the current model continues to operate to this day, despite the availability of modern analogs.
Sikorsky CH-124 Sea King photo
The main armament of the helicopter Sikorsky CH-124 Sea King anti-submarine torpedoes are, destroying the effectiveness of submarines which is high enough. Among other things, on the armed helicopter can also stand and a heavy machine gun, however, given the actual purpose of the aircraft, it is likely adopt a defensive character.
Depending on the modification of an aircraft, can accommodate up to 10 people on board, including four crew members and six passengers, which can be equipped soldiers. When the need arises, the helicopter can also carry on your board and some of the payload, in particular, we are talking about 4618 kg (including its own weight mounted on board an arms ship).
HelicopterSikorsky CH-124 Sea King
As the power plant here uses two turboshaft aircraft engines General Electric T58-GE-8F / -100, each of which has its own power in 1500 hp, which allows the helicopter to reach a maximum speed of flight in 270 km \ h., With the possibility of unimpeded overcoming the distance to 1 thousand kilometers.
Over the years, the production of the helicopter Sikorsky CH-124 Sea King 6 produced in different versions:
- Sikorsky CH-124 Sea King - Basic production version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky CH-124A Sea King - An improved version of a helicopter with an advanced avionics system;
- Sikorsky CH-124B Sea King - A modified version of version Sikorsky CH-124A Sea King, using deep-radar;
- Sikorsky CH-124B2 Sea King - An improved version of Sikorsky CH-124B Sea King;
- Sikorsky CH-124C Sea King - A modified version developed for the Canadian Navy;
- Sikorsky CH-124U Sea King - Transport and cargo version of the helicopter.
Specifications Sikorsky CH-124 Sea King.
- Crew: 4 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 6 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 16,7 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 5,14 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 19 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 5382 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 10000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 270 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 295 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 1000 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4480 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × General Electric T58-GE-8F / -100;
- Power: 2 × 1500 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation