Stearman 4. Specifications. A photo.
Stearman 4 - American single-engine biplane designed and manufactures aircraft manufacturer «Stearman Aircraft» with 1930 years.
A photoStearman 4
Development Stearman 4 multipurpose aircraft was conducted by American engineers on the basis of the model Stearman C3, appeared a few years earlier, and, due to the fact that the factual basis for the design of the aircraft already had, the engineers managed to quickly improve the flight characteristics of the aircraft, which is why the development is not They take longer and cost the aircraft itself much cheaper than originally anticipated.
The main purpose of the aircraft Stearman 4 served as the need to ensure civil aviation commercial aircraft suitable for transporting people and small loads. However, in addition to the commercial sphere, the plane is also actively used, and private owners, apply aircraft for their own needs and goals.
Stearman 4a photo
Appearance and aircraft design Stearman 4 was almost completely borrowed from the model Stearman C3, but in terms of specifications, the aircraft has become more effective, in particular, has increased its flight speed, however, due to some changes, the plane partially lost its maneuverability that the however, it did not affect the safe operation of the aircraft.
Depending on their modification, on board the aircraft Stearman 4 can accommodate up to three people, but in addition to this configuration, the American aircraft manufacturers also produced and one double version of the aircraft. In addition to passenger traffic, aircraft Stearman 4 can also carry out transportation on its board and small goods, taking into account the mass of its own weight the pilot shall not exceed the 685 kg, however, in this case, there are also restrictions on the size of the shipment.
The power plant of the aircraft Stearman 4 includes a piston aircraft engine Wright J6-9 (basic production version of the aircraft), capable of power 300 hp, which in turn will allow the aircraft to accelerate to speed in 205 km \ h. (The maximum rate). Distance Stearman airplane flight 4 1045 limited distance in kilometers, which is considered quite acceptable.
Stearman 4 aircraft production was carried out in the following variants:
- Stearman 4-C / C-4 / C-4A Junior Speedmail - Single version of the aircraft designed to carry on its board small cargo and mail;
- Stearman 4-CM Senior Speedmail - Single improved version of the aircraft Stearman 4-C;
- Stearman 4-D Junior Speedmail - An improved version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with Pratt & Whitney Wasp Junior;
- Stearman 4-DX Junior Speedmail - A modernized version of the version Stearman 4-D Junior Speedmail;
- Stearman 4-DM Senior Speedmail - Zip version of the aircraft;
- Stearman 4-E Junior Speedmail - A modified version of the aircraft, equipped with engine Pratt & Whitney Wasp traction in 420 hp .;
- Stearman 4-EX Senior Speedmail - A single version of an improved version of the aircraft Stearman 4-E Junior Speedmail;
- Stearman 4-EM Senior Speedmail - An improved version of the aircraft version of the Stearman 4-E Junior Speedmail;
- Stearman 4-RM Special - Four-bed version of the aircraft;
- Stearman Model 80 Sportster - The sports version of the aircraft;
- Stearman Model 81 - Trainer version of the aircraft.
Today from 41 released copies in the world there is only 11 aircraft of this model.
Specifications Stearman 4.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 8 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,6 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,2 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1100 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 685 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1785 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 205 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 255 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1045 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5490 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney Wasp (depending on version);
- Power: 450 hp .. (depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation