Percival Gull. Specifications. A photo.
Percival Gull - Lightweight single-engine monoplane in the British production of manufactured 30-x. the last century the company «Percival Aircraft Company».
A photoPercival Gull
Despite the fact that the plane Percival Gull was supposed to create suitable for use in military aircraft, it is the most widely used aircraft has yet precisely in civil aviation, which were used mainly by private owners for their own purposes and needs.
The first attempts to develop a light aircraft model Percival Gull began in 1929 year, thus, the design and appearance of the aircraft remained virtually unchanged, reaching from the very beginning of the design work to the launch of the series production, which however, he remained not so and for a long time.
Percival Gull photo
Percival Gull aircraft is not only good enough design, but also made comfortable interior, which in turn allows for even two longest air travel, and have given the aircraft maximum distance route is 1126 kilometers. В кабине воздушного судна может разместиться до 3 человек – два пассажира и пилот, однако, самолёт практически не использовался в сфере коммерческих авиаперевозок, что по мнениям специалистов и стало причиной для быстрого завершения производства этой модели. Among other things, the aircraft is also suitable for the carriage of 399 kilogram payload, however, in this case, the volume of transported cargo must not exceed the available free volume in the cabin of the aircraft.
Percival Gull (muzeysny exhibit)
Percival Gull power plant consists of a piston-type aircraft engine Cirrus Hermes IV, which is able to develop traction in 130 hp that fully satisfies the conditions of the times of operation of the aircraft. Depending on the aircraft, there can be used another power plant, which accordingly affects the basic flight performance of the aircraft.
Apart from the main production version, the British aeronautical engineer also presented a slightly modified version of the model aircraft:
- Percival D.1 Gull Mk1 - prototype;
- Percival D.2 Gull Four Mk2 - The first production version of the airplane;
- Percival D.2 Gull Four Mk2A - Improved modification, the engine is equipped with Napier Javelin III capacity 160 hp .;
- Percival D.2 Gull Four Mk2B - Equipped with an improved version of the engine de Havilland Gipsy Major 130 hp .;
- Percival D.2 Gull Four Mk3 - A modified version of the aircraft with improved interior and some minor technical change;
- Percival D.3 Gull Six - Special modified version, equipped with an engine de Havilland Gipsy Six capacity 200 hp
Today we know of the existence of 5 airplanes of this model, while for the period of 1932 1938 48 units were built.
Технические характеристики Percival Gull.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,54 m .;
- Wingspan: 11,02 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,25 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 531 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 399 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 930 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 201 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 233 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1126 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4880 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Cirrus Hermes IV (depending on version);
- Power: 130 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation