Rome Airport Leonardo da Vinci - Fiumicino. Official site.
The international airport is named after Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) is the largest airport in Italy. It got its name after the famous artist Leonardo da Vinci. The airport was opened in the year 1961 return Ciampino Airport, which at that time already unable to cope with a lot of air.
The airport itself is located to the southwest of the Italian capital, in 30 kilometers from the center of Rome.
The airport has three terminals:
- - Terminal A (serves only local airlines);
- - Terminal B (international and domestic lines);
- - Terminal C (international air).
Near the airport, it was located a number of different hotels. One of the main are:
- - Hilton Rome Airport (near the airport);
- - Welcome Airport Hotel (near the airport);
- - Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport (near the airport);
- - Hotel Corallo (at a distance of 5 km) and others.
Transfer between the airport and the center of the Italian capital can be accomplished in several ways:
- 1) Special train Leonardo Express.
Dispatched from the station located at the airport. The train runs twice per hour, since 6.37 am and finishing in 23.37 overnight. On the road train is 30 minutes. The ticket price is about 11 euros. In addition to the city center from the airport train station you can get to any railway station of Rome.
- 2) Special bus service provided by Cotral.
Bus traffic around the clock. The fare is 4,5 euros. Tickets can be purchased from the driver himself.
- 3) Taxi.
Pleasure is not cheap. Directions from the airport to the center of Rome will cost tourists in 40-60 euros. This amount includes entry to the territory of the airport (surcharge) - 7,75 euros, as well as the cost of luggage. But during the holidays or at night fare can be higher.
- 4) rent a car.
Get out of Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport to the center of the Italian capital is not so difficult. Leave the airport complex, adhering to specific indicators. Next to the motorway Rome. In order to get to the center, you must turn off the motorway to the street Columbus.
All basic services service airport located in Terminal C. In this building are:
- - Border crossing point;
- - customs Service;
- - The system of VAT refund under the relevant checks Tax Free;
- - Restaurant and cafe;
- - Stores of Duty Free.
Basic data Airport Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino:
- IATA code: FCO
- ICAO code: LIRF
- Mailing Address: Via del l Aeroporto di Flumicino, PO Box 68, 00050 Roma Aeroporto, Italy
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation