Vickers Viscount. Specifications. A photo.
Vickers Viscount - turboprop airliner designed in 1948, the aircraft manufacturing company «Vickers-Armstrongs».
Vickers Viscounta photo
Проектирование турбовинтового пассажирского самолёта модели Vickers Viscount было развёрнуто британскими авиапроизводителями в середине 40-х годов прошлого века, при этом, согласно ожиданиям руководства авиастроительной компании «Vickers-Armstrongs», новое воздушное судно должно было составить огромную конкуренцию летательным аппаратам американского производства, в частности, выражалось это в первую очередь большой пассажировместимостью самолёта, а также достаточно большой скоростью полёта, причём, все ожидания авиастроителей полностью оправдались, что выражается в первую очередь тем, что самолёт производился на протяжении достаточно продолжительного периода времени и в большом количестве.
Passenger aircraft Vickers Viscount has enough of extended fuselage that the aircraft provides an opportunity to place on the board and a large number of passengers, and a large amount of the payload when the aircraft used for the transportation of goods.
Enough solid structure of the fuselage airliner provides the aircraft increased security when making flights, moreover, this fact is barely affected by the weight of the aircraft, which, however, would not play an important role through the use of powerful turboprop engines, which provided the aircraft greater lifting force and speed displacement.
Turboprop multipurpose aircraft model Vickers Viscount underwent its first test with the rise in the air in mid-July 1948 years, at the same time the aircraft quite successfully completed all required tests, which is why aircraft manufacturers agreed on the need for the rapid launch of the project into production, which has been deployed in the next year and went on for a very long period for which 444 aircraft of this model were built.
A photoVickers Viscount
On board passenger aircraft Vickers Viscount can accommodate up to 74 passengers, however, this factor depends mainly on the version of the plane, as earlier versions of the aircraft, in particular, we are talking about Vickers Viscount 700, could only accommodate up to 32 passengers. Despite the relatively large size of the aircraft Vickers Viscount, the crew consists of only two people, which provided enough air carriers profitable and efficient use of this model in the performance of passenger traffic.
Passenger aircraft Vickers Viscount equipped power plant comprising four turboprop aircraft engine brand Rolls-Royce Dart RDa.7 / 1 Mk.525, each of which is capable of traction in 1990 hp, which is an important factor for this heavy-duty aircraft, as well as for high-speed travel, which can be up to 560 km \ h. (Maximum rate when using this power plant).
three main types of aircraft were built during the period of production aircraft manufacturers:
- Vickers Viscount 700 - The basic version of the aircraft, designed to carry 32 people;
- Vickers Viscount 800 - A modernized version of the aircraft, allowing to place on the board to 70 passengers;
- Vickers Viscount 810 - Upgraded version with lengthened fuselage, designed for passenger 74.
Specifications Vickers Viscount.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 74 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 26,1 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 28,56 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 8,15 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 18850 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 10000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 32880 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 470 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 560 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 2775 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 7620 m .;
- aircraft engine Type: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 4 x Rolls-Royce Dart RDa.7 / 1 Mk.525 (depending on version);
- Power: 4 x 1990 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation