Porterfield 35 Flyabout. Technical characteristics. A photo.
Porterfield 35 Flyabout - American light multi-purpose aircraft, designed in 1935, the «Porterfield Aircraft Corporation» Corporation.
A photoPorterfield 35 Flyabout
American aircraft manufacturers have begun to develop a light multi-purpose model monoplane Porterfield 35 Flyabout in the early 30-ies of the last century. This aircraft was exclusively civilian purpose, but its scope was wide enough, which led to a high level promotion of the aircraft - for the entire period of manufacture aircraft manufacturers of the «Porterfield Aircraft Corporation» was built about 250 aircraft, some of which are still continues to be used, however, it soon comes to private owners.
For the period of its production, aircraft Porterfield 35 Flyabout has sufficiently compact size - the length of the aircraft fuselage is 6 17 meters centimeters, while the wingspan of 9 76 meters centimeters. This factor provides a high rate of the aircraft aerodynamic shape, which in turn provides a high rate of aircraft maneuverability.
Porterfield 35 Flyabout photo
The first flight of a light multi-purpose aircraft Porterfield 35 Flyabout held in 1935 year - thanks to the qualified approach, aircraft manufacturers to implement the planned project, the aircraft could very well pass all the required tests, in connection with what is already in the same year started and mass production of aircraft of this model, which lasted several years, owing to the existing demand for data in aircraft.
The aircraft model Porterfield 35 Flyabout can carry on your board is only two people - a pilot and a passenger, thus, the real scope of operation of aircraft Porterfield 35 Flyabout was very broad - the aircraft could be used for transportation of people, small packages weighing up to 228 kilogram (without own weight the pilot), as the training aircraft, etc. The plane Porterfield 35 Flyabout military aircraft has not been used because of its relatively low airspeed and low maintenance characteristics.
CabinPorterfield 35 Flyabout
Porterfield 35 Flyabout aircraft equipped with one piston aircraft engine brand LeBlond 70-5DE, which has a thrust of 70 hp (Depending on the aircraft modification), which is able to disperse the aircraft to its cruising speed of repetition in 170 km \ h., While the maximum range of flight of the aircraft is 580 kilometers.
Aircraft manufacturers have carried out the following release of the aircraft:
- Porterfield 35 Flyabout - The basic production version of the aircraft, equipped with a motor LeBlond 5D (60 hp);
- Porterfield 35-70 Flyabout - A modified version of the aircraft, equipped with engine brand LeBlond 70-5DE (70 hp);
- Porterfield 35-V Flyabout - modification of the aircraft, the engine equipped Velle (65 hp);
- Porterfield 35-W Flyabout - The luxury version of the aircraft equipped with engine Warner Scarab Junior, with a capacity of 90 hp .;
- Porterfield Flyabout 75-C - Version of the aircraft, equipped with a motor Continental A-75;
- Porterfield Flyabout 90 - A sports version of the aircraft.
Specifications Porterfield 35 Flyabout.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,17 m .;
- Wingspan: 9,76 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 366 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 228 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 594 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 170 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 190 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 580 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4600 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: LeBlond 70-5DE (depending on version);
- Power: 70 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation