Bristol Britannia. Specifications. A photo.
Bristol Britannia - medium-range passenger airliner manufactured by the British company Aircraft «Bristol Aeroplane Company» to 1957 years.
Work on the creation of passenger turboprop Bristol Britannia aircraft began in late 40-ies of the last century, with the British aircraft manufacturers tried to create not only inexpensive, but also a very popular aircraft capable of performing air travel between most European countries.
A photoBristol Britannia
Its first flight airliner Bristol Britannia took place in 1952 year, however, for several reasons, including technical, the model did not meet the company's management, which is why the design aircraft continued further developed as a result of which it was presented to the general public only in 1957 year then and entered into mass production.
Depending on the modification, as British aircraft manufacturers to issue several dozen variants of the aircraft on board can accommodate up to 139 passengers, which in turn allows to some extent to compare the aircraft and modern airliners. The maximum range of a Bristol Britannia is 7129 kilometers, while the cruising speed of the aircraft is set within 575 km \ h, which ensures that all the comfortable air travel, particularly in view of the time the design of the aircraft, which has become a significant part of the history of world civil aviation .
Bristol Britannia photo
The power plant of the aircraft Bristol Britannia turboprop aircraft engines is represented by four Bristol Proteus 765, able to develop a total volume capacity of 17800 hp However, it is used in an airplane jet engines were one of the weaknesses of the whole structure, in particular, their reliability has been mediocre, that is the reason for many of the air incident involving an aircraft. Moreover, given the increasing number of developing capacity airliner spent an enormous amount of fuel for each flight, which made it the actual operation unprofitable.
Among the models produced on the basis of Bristol Britannia modifications and versions. There are the following:
- Bristol 175 Britannia Mk1 - Draft version of the prototype, designed for the transportation of passengers 48. The production run was not;
- Bristol 175 Britannia Mk2- A prototype designed to carry 36 people. Due to technical errors made during development, no aircraft of this version was not built;
- Bristol 101 Britannia - 74-seater prototype, which is the first version of the aircraft, lifted into the air;
- Bristol 102 Britannia - The first production version of the aircraft, designed to carry 74 passengers (depending on the configuration of interior). Built 15 planes, some of which was redesigned in other series;
- Bristol 200 Britannia - Transport version of the aircraft. The production was launched;
- Bristol 252 Britannia - Utility version, designed for use by charter airlines. Built 3 unit;
- Bristol 253 Britannia - Utility version, reworked into a military option for the RAF. Modification designed to transport troops (up to 115 people), as well as for the equivalent amount of cargo transportation;
- Bristol 301 Britannia - A prototype of a new series of passenger aircraft, passenger capacity increased;
- Bristol 302 Britannia - Passenger version with a fuselage uvelchiennyo extent. The production model was not started;
- Bristol 305 Britannia - Modification with increased maximum range of repetition, but with disabilities at the maximum take-off weight. It was built 5 planes, which were subsequently converted into other variants of the current model;
- Bristol 307 Britannia - Modification created on the basis version 305, with a number of technical improvements and a modified interior layout;
- Bristol 307F Britannia - Cargo version of the plane, created on the basis of modifications 305 with elements of the model improvements 307;
- Bristol 308 Britannia - Passenger version of the aircraft, designed to carry 104 people at distances up to 5600 km .;
- Bristol 308F Britannia - Analogue version 308, with a modified interior to transport goods;
- Bristol 309 Britannia - Modification created on the basis version 305, with technical changes in terms of the power plant, wing geometry and dimensions of the fuselage;
- Bristol 310 Britannia - Passenger version, with reinforced fuselage increased extent, allowing to place aboard 139 up passengers at a maximum distance of up to 7129 route kilometers;
- Bristol 311 Britannia - Prototype, with improved cabin layout, designed to carry 60 people;
- Bristol 312 Britannia - An improved version of the modification 310, with a number of minor technical changes;
- Bristol 312F Britannia - Cargo version, created on the basis of updating 312;
- Bristol 313 Britannia - A special version developed for the Israeli airline «El Al»;
- Bristol 314 Britannia - Special design for the Canadian airline «Canadian Pacific Air Lines»;
- Bristol 317 Britannia - A special version with a modified interior, designed to carry 124 people;
- Bristol 318 Britannia - A special version for the Cuban airline «Cubana de Avicion». Built 4 aircraft;
- Bristol 319 Britannia - Modification, created based on the version of 310 \ 311, especially for airlines «Ghana Airways»;
- Bristol 320 Britannia - A modified version for export to the United States;
- Bristol 324 Britannia - Modification of 1961 years 320 based version, and specially designed carrier «Canada Pacific Air Lines»;
Specifications Bristol Britannia.
- Crew: 4 people (depending on version);
- Passenger capacity: 139 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 37,88 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 43,36 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 11,43 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 38500 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 28000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 84000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 575 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 639 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 7129 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 7300 m .;
- aircraft engine Type: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 4 × Bristol Proteus 765 (depending on version);
- Power: 4 × 4450 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation