Polikarpov Po-2 / Do-2. Specifications. A photo.
Polikarpov Po-2 - light multipurpose biplane, designed in the Soviet OKB "Polikarpov" in 1928 year.
Polikarpov Po-2 photo
Soviet aircraft manufacturers started designing aircraft model Polikarpov Po-2 20 in the first half-years of the last century. The new aircraft has been multi-purpose, and because of that has been very popular, although the actual operating and operated aircraft of this model almost did not survive to the present day.
The aircraft model Polikarpov Po-2, in its essence is the first commercially producing aircraft designed in the Soviet Union - for the entire period of production, domestic aircraft builders managed to build more than 40 thousand aircraft.
In the field of civil aviation aircraft Polikarpov Po-2 used as training aids for the transport of persons on the routes of small extent, to carry out work related to patrolling the area for the transport of postal items as an agricultural aircraft, etc. In the military the same sector, aircraft Polikarpov Po-2 could be used not only for all of the above, but also as an independent combat unit, and although the aircraft and did not have a great reliability in its combat use, it is the simplicity of production and the absence of a large number of costs have played an important its role in military operation.
A photoPolikarpov Po-2
The first flight of the aircraft model Polikarpov Po-2 held in January 1928 years and due to the fact that the aircraft quite successfully coped with all the necessary tests, in the same year started and mass production of the aircraft of this model, and although the exact number of produced aircraft remains unknown, according to official figures, have been built, at least, 40 thousand copies of the aircraft.
On board the multipurpose biplane model Polikarpov Po-2 can accommodate up to two people at the same time, in addition to the transport of persons, aircraft can also carry and transport small cargoes, however, in this case, the maximum constituting 890 kilogram takeoff weight of an aircraft, can not be exceeded however, in addition there is also a number of limitations on the size of the received cargo board.
Biplane model Polikarpov Po-2 equipped with piston power plant, consisting of one, which is located in front of the engine brand Shvetsov M-11, which is having a traction capacity of 100 hp, the aircraft provides an opportunity to overcome the distances to 400 kilometers, while cruising speed of flight of the aircraft is 140 km \ h., which is considered quite acceptable in view of the period of production aircraft.
Production of the aircraft Polikarpov Po-2 was carried out by Soviet aircraft manufacturers in the following variants:
- Polikarpov U-2 - The basic production version of the airplane;
- Polikarpov U-2A - agricultural version of the aircraft;
- Polikarpov U-2AO - analogue version Polikarpov U-2A;
- Polikarpov U-2AP - An improved version of the aircraft Polikarpov U-2A;
- Polikarpov U-2ZH - A pilot version of the aircraft;
- Polikarpov U-2KL - An improved version of a multi-purpose aircraft;
- Polikarpov U-2LSH - The military version of the aircraft to be used as a light attack aircraft;
- Polikarpov U-2LPL - An experimental version of the aircraft;
- Polikarpov U-2M - Modification, a float-equipped chassis;
- Polikarpov U-2P - An improved version of the version Polikarpov U-2M;
- Polikarpov U-2S - Medical version of the aircraft;
- Polikarpov U-2SS - An improved version of analogue Polikarpov U-2S;
- Polikarpov U-2SHS - Four-bed version of the aircraft;
- Polikarpov U-2SP - The civilian version of the aircraft used for the transportation of passengers and goods;
- Polikarpov U-2SPL - The luxury version of the aircraft, capable of carrying an onboard up to three people;
- Polikarpov U-2UT - Trainer version of the aircraft;
- Polikarpov U-2LNB - The military version of the attack aircraft adapted for night attacks;
- Polikarpov U-2VS - Training version of the aircraft;
- Polikarpov U-2NAK - A special military version of the plane;
- Polikarpov Po-2 - Postwar trainer version of the aircraft;
- Polikarpov Po-2A - analogue version Polikarpov U-2A;
- Polikarpov Po-2L - An analog version of the post-war Polikarpov U-2SPL;
- Polikarpov Po-2P - Analogue version Polikarpov U-2P;
- Polikarpov Po-2S - Analogue version Polikarpov U-2SS.
Specifications Polikarpov Po-2 / Do-2.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 8,2 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,4 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,1 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 635 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 255 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 890 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 140 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 155 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 400 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Power plant Sweden M-11 (depending on the modification);
- Power: 100 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation