The helicopter Kaman SH-2 Seasprite. Specifications. A photo.
Kaman SH-2 Seasprite - American multi-purpose helicopter, developed and designed in 1959, the aircraft manufacturer «Kaman Aircraft».
Kaman SH-2 Seasprite photo
The helicopter Kaman SH-2 Seasprite became designed by American aeronautical engineer in 1956 year. The main initiator of the start of work on the development of the aircraft model Kaman SH-2 Seasprite made by US naval forces, who were in need of a safe and powerful aircraft, able to effectively combat submarines of the enemy, and used for other purposes, such as for search and rescue operations, transportation on its board a small number of people or goods, etc.
The first prototype of the aircraft model Kaman SH-2 Seasprite made a test flight in 1959 year, however, initially aircraft could not meet its qualities the US military command, in this connection, the actual production of the helicopter was postponed to 1962 years, when the aircraft producing retesting, fully possible to meet the requirements imposed by the US Navy command.
The helicopter model Kaman SH-2 Seasprite has a sufficiently large size, which greatly reduces its quality maneuverability, however, due to the fact that the aircraft is not expected to operate against fast moving targets, this factor does not affect on the popularity of the aircraft in the US military .
A photoKaman SH-2 Seasprite
If necessary, in addition to the task of locating and destroying enemy submarines, helicopter Kaman SH-2 Seasprite can also be used as a combat vehicle or the means of firing air cover. Armament helicopter Kaman SH-2 Seasprite includes:
- Two caliber machine gun 7,62 mm .;
- Includes anti-ship missiles;
- Includes anti-submarine torpedoes.
On board the helicopter Kaman SH-2 Seasprite can accommodate up to 1800 kg of payload, which allows the aircraft to operate in a vehicle. In addition, the helicopter can also carry out transportation on its board 7 people, including three crew members and four other soldiers, however, as such, for the transportation of people, helicopter Kaman SH-2 Seasprite not used.
The power plant helicopter Kaman SH-2 Seasprite includes one gas turbine aircraft engine brand General Electric T58-GE-8B, capable of developing a thrust of 1525 hp, which in turn provides the ability to accelerate to speeds in 275 km \ h., And 1080 overcome distance of kilometers, depending mainly on the version of the aircraft and its scope.
HelicopterKaman SH-2 Seasprite
US aircraft manufacturers produced the following options helicopters Kaman SH-2 Seasprite:
- Kaman YHU2K-1 - A prototype of the aircraft;
- Kaman HU2K-1 - Transport version of the helicopter;
- Kaman UH-2B Seasprite - Improved transport version of the aircraft;
- Kaman H-2 Tomahawk - Helicopter option to provide fire cover to the air;
- Kaman UH-2S Seasprite - A modernized version of the version Kaman UH-2B Seasprite;
- Kaman NUH-2S Seasprite - A pilot version of the helicopter, equipped with missiles to destroy enemy air targets;
- Kaman NUH-2D Seasprite - An improved version of the test helicopter Kaman NUH-2S Seasprite;
- Kaman HH-2S Seasprite - Search and rescue variant of the helicopter used including for enemy attacks from the air;
- Kaman HH-2D Seasprite - Analogue version Kaman HH-2S Seasprite, but is to be equipped with weapons and protective equipment;
- Kaman SH-2D Seasprite - ASW variant of the helicopter;
- Kaman YSH-2E Seasprite - A modernized version of the aircraft;
- Kaman Sealite - A special version of the aircraft used for testing aircraft systems;
- Kaman SH-2F Seasprite - Version of the anti-helicopter, which is an improved version of analogue Kaman SH-2D Seasprite;
- Kaman YSH-2G Seasprite - An improved version of the prototype Kaman SH-2F Seasprite;
- Kaman SH-2G Super Seasprite - A modernized version of antisubmarine helicopter, equipped with two aircraft engines and later degenerated into a separate model.
Specifications Kaman SH-2 Seasprite.
- Crew: 3 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 4 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 15,9 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 4,11 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 13,4 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 2767 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4627 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 220 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 275 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1080 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5600 m .;
- Powerplant: General Electric T58-GE-8B (depending on version);
- Power: 1525 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation