Van's RV-4. Specifications. A photo.
Van's RV-4 - Double light aircraft designed and manufactured by the American aircraft manufacturer «Van's Aircraft» with 1980 years.
A photoVan's RV-4
Development of multi-purpose two-seater aircraft Van's RV-4 vessel began in the middle of the American aircraft manufacturers 70-ies of the last century. As a support base for the start of the design work, the experts chose the previous single model aircraft Van's RV-3. The aircraft underwent thorough processing, however, the main distinguishing feature of its high popularity is the ability to transport people on board, which makes the aircraft very common, however, it should be noted that a significant role in promoting the aircraft played a low price.
In August 1979, the model aircraft Van's RV-4 has made its first flight, which was very successful, which is why, after a few months, the project was put into production, where there is also the present.
Van's RV-4 photo
Thanks to its extremely compact dimensions, the aircraft Van's RV-4 can also be positioned and as a sports aircraft, however, to perform complex aerobatic stunts, Van's RV-4 aircraft is not suitable because of the lack of a rigid wing structure and inability to withstand large overload .
Depending on its modification, the aircraft Van's RV-4 can be equipped with a piston aircraft engines brands Lycoming O-320, Lycoming O-360 or Lycoming IO-360, capacity of up to 150 180 hp respectively. A later version of the aircraft, involves the use of a piston aircraft engine brand Lycoming IO-540, the ability to develop traction in 400 hp The basic version of the aircraft, which has a less powerful force ustanvokoy, capable of speeds up to 340 km \ h.
In the cockpit of the aircraft Van's RV-4 can accommodate up to two people - a pilot and a passenger, however, as such, is not a suitable aircraft for the transport of cargo on its board, which, incidentally, did not affect the popularity of the aircraft.
Issue aircraft Van's RV-4 conducted by US aircraft manufacturers as kits for self-assembly, and for the entire period of production aircraft were produced in two versions:
- Van's RV-4 - The basic production version of the aircraft, aircraft engines can be combined capacity of up to 150 180 hp .;
- Van's Harmon Rocket - A modernized version of the aircraft, aircraft engine having a Lycoming IO-540, able to develop traction in 400 hp
Specifications Van's RV-4.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,2 m .;
- Wingspan: 7,02 m .;
- Plane Height: 1,65 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 410 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 270 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 680 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 275 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 340 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1170 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 7000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-320 (depending on version);
- Power: 150 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation