Slingsby T67 Firefly. Specifications. A photo.
Slingsby T67 Firefly - a light multi-purpose aircraft, developed and manufactured by Aircraft «Slingsby Aviation» in 1974 year.
Slingsby T67 Fireflya photo
Start designing aircraft model Slingsby T67 Fireflybylo put into 1972 year, and before the British aircraft manufacturers was quite a difficult task associated with the development of multi-purpose aircraft that can attract potential customers working in the field of civil aviation, as well as in the field of military aviation. Among other things, the conditions put forward to the aircraft such as high maneuverability, great flight speed and higher reliability, which in turn required a very careful approach to designing, because otherwise the project could turn out to be unclaimed.
His first flight tests of the aircraft model, Slingsby T67 Firefly suffered in 1974 year, while, due to the fact that two years of work related to the design and construction of the aircraft were successful, the aircraft almost immediately was put into mass production, which was up to 1995 years.
As originally intended, the plane Slingsby T67 Firefly has become very popular among private owners who could operate the aircraft for the majority of its objectives, with the exception of transportation of goods, including as a means to carry out air travel for distances up to 750 kilometers (depending on the modification of the aircraft), as a sports aircraft, as well as the training of air tools. Among other things, up to 2006 years also operated the aircraft and the air forces of several countries, which is mainly used as the training and patrol aircraft.
A photoSlingsby T67 Firefly
The cockpit Slingsby T67 Firefly can accommodate up to two people, which in turn is very much limits its scope, however, in spite of this fact, more than 250 aircraft of this model were built for the release period, which definitely indicates the start of promising projects. Transportation on board the aircraft Slingsby T67 Firefly various kinds of goods is not possible due to the fact that in the cockpit of an aircraft is no free space to host it.
The power plant of the aircraft Slingsby T67 Firefly includes a piston aircraft engine model Continental O-200 100 power in HP (Basic production version of the aircraft), which in turn provides an opportunity to accelerate the plane up to speed in 205 km \ h. Later, with the emergence of other variants of the aircraft of this model, Steel operated the other, more powerful power plants, thereby increasing aircraft performance parameters of the aircraft.
AircraftSlingsby T67 Firefly
Issue aircraft Slingsby T67 Firefly model was conducted in the following variations:
- Slingsby RF-6B Firefly - Basic production version of the airplane;
- Slingsby RF-6B / 120 Firefly - An improved version, equipped with a piston engine Lycoming O-235 120 power in hp .;
- Slingsby RF-6C Firefly - Four-bed version of the aircraft, manufactured by Sportavia;
- Slingsby T67A Firefly - An analog version of Slingsby RF-6B / 120 Firefly;
- Slingsby T67M Firefly - A modernized version of the aircraft, equipped with Lycoming piston engine brand power in 160 hp .;
- Slingsby T67B Firefly - Version of the aircraft Slingsby T67A Firefly with reinforced fuselage;
- Slingsby T67M MkII Firefly - An improved version of Slingsby T67M Firefly version with larger dimensions and increased the volume of fuel tanks;
- Slingsby T67M200 Firefly - A modified version of the aircraft, equipped with the power plant with a capacity of 200 hp .;
- Slingsby T67C Firefly - An improved version of the aircraft, with a number of minor technical amendments;
- Slingsby T67M260 Firefly - A modified version of version of Slingsby T67C Firefly piston engine Lycoming AEIO540-D4A5 capacity of 260 hp .;
- Slingsby T67M260-T3A Firefly - Military aircraft modification, created based on the version of Slingsby T67M260 Firefly;
- Slingsby CT-111 Firefly - Modification of the civil aircraft.
Specifications Slingsby T67 Firefly.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 7,55 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 10,7 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,36 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 794 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 363 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1157 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 260 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 360 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 750 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5790 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Textron Lycoming AEIO-540-D (depending on version);
- Power: 260 kN. (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation